Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,873   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Me to!! ---> Just bought my first 120 folder

As my Fuji RF needed to go to the camerarepair shop (BTW, in Bergen, close to Ole's residence) after just 4 rolls, for who knows how long, and I have a huge stockpile of assorted (new, expired, b/w, E6, C41, ISO 50, 100, 400 ) 120 film to play with...

OK, so I needed a 120 camera to play with ASAP! Right ?

After several near misses at ebay (my snipes got sniped! :-) I got this baby..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

No other bids ?? Hummm.. a dud ? But it will be a nice display camera if so...

Any information on this camera ? Fixed focus or zone focus?? it said rangefinder in the text but I assume that its only a viewframe ? Any (simple) home CLA which should be applied?

I know it cant compete with my Fuji GS645S, but can be expected in terms of image quality?

Thanks!!
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like a guess focus camera, no rangefinder.

There's no information as to shutter or lens, but stopped down and held steady it should be capable of reasonable results. Smooth rather than ultra sharp I would expect.

Paul

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice little camera, but... Note that the seller had "checked both speeds"!

If I'd known, I would have loaned you one
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Nice little camera, but... Note that the seller had "checked both speeds"!

If I'd known, I would have loaned you one
    Yes, looks like my "metering" from now on will be only High or Low and a few other combinations ;-) I'm been unable to find a simular camera/lens close-up to determine its make, focallength, f stops etc.. Time will show....

Thanks, for your kind offer! I might just do that if the repair takes to long time.... (Camera & Videoteknikk as )
    (Jeg er i Bergen i overgangen november / desember..)

But the most important project is to finish off my darkroom to do 5x7 ++ contact copies though... the last 20% of work takes 80% of the time???? MF (RF / folders) is to be the play thing on the side, me think.. But as this has progressed in the last year I need to reserve space for that 5x7 enlarger inluding MF masks...

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Note that the seller had "checked both speeds"!
    Looks like the lens/shutter is the same as the one on this.... http://www.kameramuseum.de/1franka/solida-record.html Close to a Holga?? May perhaps be used as a threat for self-punishment when I screw-up with the 5x7?? :o
    OK.. Back to the auction site... :-) for a fresh look... And This time read-all-investigate-before-bid and follow advice on APUG..

mmmmm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does this mean I will have to buy a 4x5 format this is terrible this all consuming passion for the shutter, my wife asked is bigger better dear, I replied , put that question to the forum
    The camera cannot lie, but it cannot help being selective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jurgen Kreckel used to sell these from time to time.
    Pretty good cameras in his opinion.
    Mama took my APX away.....

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The worst of the German 6x6 folders is better than the best Holga, if you're after evenly illuminated images that are in focus across the entire frame. Even if it's "just" a triplet, it'll look great at f/8 or smaller.

No, it's not going to be fixed focus, probably scale focus -- and might well be in feet, rather than meters (one foot is 305 mm, near enough). There'll be anywhere between three and eight shutter speeds, plus B and possibly T. No double exposure protection, most likely, and red window advance (so no 220 for this one).

In other words, it's very similar to the Speedex 4.5 (aka Isolette I) and Nettar 6x6 folders I have, both of which make perfectly acceptable images if you can set the focus accurately and hold them steady. Take a vacuum cleaner to the inside of the bellows, and you'll get rid of most of the junk that would otherwise land on your film (and in any case, the stuff thins out after 4-5 rolls).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    The worst of the German 6x6 folders is better than the best Holga, if you're after evenly illuminated images that are in focus across the entire frame. Even if it's "just" a triplet, it'll look great at f/8 or smaller.
    Thats good! I'm looking forward to get it and test it.... While I was waiting for the seller to contact me, I found this low end Voigtlander Bessa 6x9
    which should be on its way already according to the seller

Think (hope) that these cameras hold their own place and signature as picturemakeing devices, as my larger formats also have...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are these 120 or 620 cameras? I have an Ansco that when the feed side has the metal roll "holder" taken out has enough room for a 120 roll. The take up side takes a 620 spool. When I shoot and the film is on the 620 spool I take it out and respool it back on the 120 spool. It's not that hard but it's not that fun either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin