Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,344   Online: 805

Shooter
    Medium Format

50mm f/4 CFi Zeiss Distagon Hasselblad

I am considering buying a Hasselblad 50mm lens. Is there a significant difference in quality between the 50mm f/4 FLE CFi Zeiss Distagon (70) vs the older 50mm FLE design that take a 60 filter. Naturally the price of a used CFI is higher than for the other. Your experiences would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have one of the older ones and I love it. Very sharp and contrasty. I've shot it into the sun and did not have a major problem with flare. This photo was made with it:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...500&ppuser=305
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my 50 CF. I think the i version is for some dataport? Not sure. Its a big ass lens. I like to use my Hassy+50mm just like the way I use my 35mm with 35mm lens. I have a cheat sheet taped on the hood for the FLE ring so I can move it quickly.

Here's one I did recently shot almost straight into the sun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sophie1005_01.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin