Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,683   Online: 749

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I really need to get some self control...

I just bought a motor drive for my Bronica SQ-Ai. It runs at a BLISTERING speed of .7 FPS! Yes, that's not a typo, point seven frames per second...

There was a method to my madness. Some SQ-Ai bodies (mine included) seem to develop a malady where the spring contacts in the battery compartment don't make very good contact when the camera isn't held level. Mine decided that if I pointed up more than about 15 degrees, the camera wasn't going to work. The "repair" would have cost as much as a used motor drive, and I'd still have to use 4 76 size button cells. The motor uses 6 "AA" cells and powers everything... it was a no-brainer.

Now if I can control the urge to get a 250mm...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Its not a motor drive...its a battery pack with additional feature content!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds familar. I got a motor because Bronica's local distributor wanted almost $50 for a wind crank. Plus the winder really does balance the thing out nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Now if I can control the urge to get a 250mm...
    Hang in there, Bob. You can do it. If you can keep from zipping through a roll of 120 in (let's see 12 times .7 is equal to ???..?) well around 8 seconds then you oughta be safe.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin