Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,183   Online: 1101

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Thanks guys (and no worries Robert, looks like these things happen a lot!)

Well, I am sure I did not put the fixer in first, I have a habit of doing a quick smell test before pouring. I think the next few times I load a roll I might just pop on my night vision goggle and have a quick peek at it to ensure that yes, there's the film. I should be able to reshoot atleast 2 of the 3 shots so will have to head back up and try again. Might even do some polaroid negs as backup just to be extra sure everything is working well. Eventhough it was a loss I still had fun shooting with John and Robert and got some training on the eyes..
    Sean:

There is another possibility. If I recall correctly, you use a Mamiya M645 Super. Is there any chance that you left the dark slide in place?

I know there is an interlock which is supposed to prevent you from releasing the shutter or winding the film if the dark slide is in place, but I have one Mamiya 645 insert that is defective - you can load film on to it, and advance the film through the camera with it, but something is wrong with the gearing or the connection, and as a result, the dark slide interlock doesn't do its job. It lets me merrily shoot a whole roll, and the only clue is that the advance is a bit noisier than usual.

I have other 120 and 220 inserts, and they work fine in that back. If I switch the problem insert to another back, the new back exhibits the same problem. I haven't tried the problem insert on all three of my camera bodies (I probably should) but its pretty clear that the insert is the problem.

I would check the insert, and the dark slide.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Images
    You gotta stop using Damitol developer. Pre-packaged or home-mixed, the stuff just doesn't work.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    You gotta stop using Damitol developer. Pre-packaged or home-mixed, the stuff just doesn't work.
    I prefer the newer, more advanced, Damitol 2L. Seems to do the trick when nothing else will. (When nothing else will make my results totally suck, that is)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Matt, I'm pretty conscious of the dark slide and my back will not let the shutter fire with it in place.

Damitol developer- lol

Images
    What Sean didn't mention was that he shot the entire roll trying to take some pictures for the "darkroom portraits" thread showing what his darkroom looks like with all the lights off . It actually came out perfect

BTW, Sean. Did the frame numbers develop on that roll?
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    What Sean didn't mention was that he shot the entire roll trying to take some pictures for the "darkroom portraits" thread showing what his darkroom looks like with all the lights off . It actually came out perfect

BTW, Sean. Did the frame numbers develop on that roll?
    I believe so, i'll have to dig them out the trash to check but pretty sure they were there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I believe so, i'll have to dig them out the trash to check but pretty sure they were there
    It's just a clue. Doesn't pin anything down but one way or another, it eliminates some possible culprits.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysandstrom
    ... I discovered by freak accident I was loading the film backwards!!!!!! Put the cutout in the upper right corner the instructions read. Well I was. The upper right corner as you load is the lower right corner when the holder stands vertical! Hence, backward loading.
    bobbysandstrom,

Thanks for the suppressed memories. I had totally forgotten about doing that very same thing until I read your post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin