Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,314   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Difference b/t RB67 and Pro-S designated RB67

What is the difference b/t RB67 and Pro-S designated RB67.

I have a chance to buy a pro-s for $600 w/ 90mm lens, non-metered prism, 2 120 backs, 2 darkslides, a 77mm Red filter and a lens hood.
    .·:TDM:·.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    See:

http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame

http://www.ayton.id.au/gary/photo/ph...ium_format.htm

With some careful buying from e**y, I bought the same items, excluding the filter, for about $400. Condition and any offered warranty could make a big difference price.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hit return too fast. :-) Have you noticed the RB kit that someone is selling on APUG? I would seem to be a better deal......
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elox
    Hit return too fast. :-) Have you noticed the RB kit that someone is selling on APUG? I would seem to be a better deal......
    I havent if you send the link i'd really like to see what they are offering w. it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDigitalMonster
    I havent if you send the link i'd really like to see what they are offering w. it.
    Here it is: http://www.apug.org/classifieds/show...hp?product=209

The listing does not say ProS, but if you look at the photo of the side up close, at least the body is. I might want to make sure that it has a ProS back as well. It has two lenses and a prism. Pretty nice set up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tx Paul.

I keep telling my friend hes not going to get 600 for it. Maybe 500 since its in immaculate condition (10-20 rolls put through, and that might be pushing it), but I've seen the exact same kit(even w.o the lens) on ebay for $400-500.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one listed here is a very good buy.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDigitalMonster
    Tx Paul.

I keep telling my friend hes not going to get 600 for it. Maybe 500 since its in immaculate condition (10-20 rolls put through, and that might be pushing it), but I've seen the exact same kit(even w.o the lens) on ebay for $400-500.
    Well - not so fast: a pristine ProS is very likely to fetch that much. And it would be worth every penny to a person who cares about the cosmetic condition of his gear (and many people do). The one here on APUG is an exceptional deal (as in: I woud be buying it right now if I had the cash!). Most of the ones that go for that much on eB@y are not as nice, usually not ProS's and often come with a 220 back (a dirty trick I noticed with a lot of them that advertise "2 backs!", 220 film is not the easiest film to get your hands on...).
    Your friend may very well get his asking price due to the condition - but for someone looking to get a "user" in good mechanical condition, yes, there are better deals out there. But few if any as good as the one on our classifieds.

And one more thing: buy one - you'll love it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    check out www.keh.com. I'm much more comfortable buying from them than from people on ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two monthe ago I bought proS starter kit (body, 120 magazine, WLF and 127/3.8) for about 500EUR. Keep in mind I am in Europe, where proces are higher than is USA, and another reason for buying at that price is I know previous user/seller and I know man who maintained that equipment. And it comes in great working and cosmetic condition. Want to say I was ready to pay more for reliable source, instead to try luck on net, and maybe to be in need to pay for additional CLA or even repairing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin