Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,684   Online: 729

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zeiss Super Ikonta 532/16

Just recieved it and I am gob smacked, what a beautiful piece of kit, okay it shows signs of wear etc , but the design and the asthetics (if thats who you spell it) shout and scream quality
    Im a very happy Lad,
    Now for some film and a test.

Dusty
    The camera cannot lie, but it cannot help being selective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats. It's a very good camera and a LOT of fun.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The guy I bought mine from sent it in a beautiful blue velvet lined box he made especially to sent it to me. He'd shot with it for over 40 years! Failing eyesight forced him to sell his cameras. I paid way too much, but he was happy it was going to be used and not just "collected" and I was happy to have all the good karma that came with it!
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, Do you guys find focusing and composing easy with this camera? Lusting for one, but curious because the viewfinder looks a bit on the small side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh yeah, what about the ease of focusing with the focus wheel ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Purely personal opinion coming up here

Of the ones I've looked through, both good and ratty ones, the viewfinder itself is not too bad, there are a lot worse around. What I found less easy to use (recalling handling one last weekend) is the RF patch is circular. If the camera is in good working condition, the focusing wheel is quite easy to use. Remember too that with these cameras you get 11 shots per roll, not the usual 12.

I prefer the 531/16 and similar, i.e. the one without the rotating prism on the lens. This is more compact, has a nicer viewfinder and the rangefinder is more distinct. There is also the uncoupled RF Mess Ikonta. I have the 6x9 version (524/2) with a novar and it is a very good performer.

The best viewfinder I have seen on a coupled RF classic folding camera is the Iskra. I'd guess that the Super Isolette, upon which it is based, is similar. If I had to select just one to keep, it would be the Iskra.

Anyway, you can always get a good one and try it out, as you'll get back pretty much what you paid for it.

Dusty, we await your images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks P C Headland !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find that focusing in daylight poses no difficulties at all, but past sunset I find it well nigh impossible.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin