Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,604   Online: 643

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

What Rollei is this?

I am about to buy a Rollei from a friend. It is a 75mm 2.8 lens with a meter on the side.

How do I find out the model and age?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.rolleiclub.com

Good luck

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you still haven't identified the camera, please post the serial number and I will look it up in my collector's guide. I think you have read the "75 mm f2.8" from the upper viewing lens, no Rollei model that I know had this as a taking lens.

Regards,

David H. Bebbington

Shooter
    35mm
    The Rollei twin lens reflexes with f2.8 lenses were all 80mm lenses not 75mm and that includes the viewing lens. The reference to the meter at the side is very strange - there was at one time a lens hood with a fold out meter, maybe it has this?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac
    The Rollei twin lens reflexes with f2.8 lenses were all 80mm lenses not 75mm and that includes the viewing lens. The reference to the meter at the side is very strange - there was at one time a lens hood with a fold out meter, maybe it has this?
    Conversely, all Rolleis with 75 mm f3.5 taking lenses have 75 mm f2.8 viewing lenses. Meter at the side is no mystery - this fitted into the focusing knob. Still need to know the serial no. for a positive ID.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin