Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,355   Online: 1152

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Newton Bracket and Bronica ETRSI - docs

Help! I find myself in the possession of a second hand Newton Bracket that supposedly can accomodate my ETRSI. I believe the bracket is the DITPR200 model. It's a complicated affair and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit it to the camera. Does anyone know where I can find documentation for this bracket?

Shooter
    Large Format
    B&H Photo carries them...perhaps they can give you some information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I glanced at the B&H website. The only thing that jumps out at me is

"DITPR200: Bronica ETRS, Si with speed grip or new small motor"

I don't know if that rules out the body without the speed grip or latest motor.

From looking at the picture it just looks like one part has a tripod mount and the other would attach to the camera. Is it more complicated then that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I decided to check with the man who would know best - Robert Newton himself. I emailed him through a link at his website. He asked me a question or two, emailed me a picture, and after some trial and error, I've figured it out. There quite a few places on the bracket that a hex key can be used for set up and adjustment. Its was a little confusing at first, but now I see the logic in how the bracket was designed. Very clever actually.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to reply.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin