Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,131   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A standard lens is one with much the same length as the film diagonal, in which case 90mm is standard for 6 x 7. However, the traditional 50mm standard for 35mm film is actually a bit long. The real standard would be 43mm, so 90mm on 6 x 7 will seem a bit wide angle by comparison and it takes a 105mm to give a similar field of view. In other words, you pays your money and takes your choice. I use a 90mm, but that was just my choice.

David.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Equivalents in 35mm are roughly 45mm & 52mm, so they are both considered standard. The Pentax site doesn't list the 90mm lens, so maybe it's no longer produced.

I just bought a Pentax 67II: got the body 2nd hand from Charlotte camera (at a very good price), the lens as a demo (new) from Adorama, at a very good price, and the AEII prism from B&H (I was impatient) at their normal price. Overall, saved $900 over new price for the kit.

I really like this camera. Fits in my hands, and everything works intuitively for me. It was this or a Fuji rangefinder, and I thought I'd be better off getting a camera that is still in production.

Now to start assembling a few choice lenses!

I think you'll be happy with your decision, whichever normal lens you pick.

Charlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin