Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,885   Online: 1026

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 6x7: is 90mm standard or 105mm???

Hi.
    I am on the verge of buying a pentax 67. Only I can't figure out iif the 90mm is standard or the 105mm. Can someone clear that up for me.
    Both lensen seem to apear a lot.

Thanks. Game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy the less expensive one. As a long time user with the 105 I can attest to its excellence. But, if the 90mm were available and affordable I'd have chosen it instead.
    John Voss

My Blog

The 80 is standard on 6x6 so I would guess that the 90 is standard on 6x7.

If they are the same f stop, It probably doesn't matter which one you buy. I doubt that you'd see too much difference coverage wise.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as what is 'considered' standard, based on film size, it would be the 90mm, the 105 was an option that was chose on several of these cameras when purchased new, the difference is very close to what Minolta offered several years ago, when they were including a 45mm as standard and the rest of the industry was doing 50mm, as far as quality and field of view, the noticable difference in real world shooting is really not going to be that noticable, the 90 and the 105 are both very good quality shooters and you should be happy with either of them, as was said, use it to your advantage and buy the least expensive of them.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my 6x7, I have the 105. That's what it came with. I'd say that's the standard as it equates to about a 52mm on a 35mm camera.

I purchased the 200mm lens (for my 6x7) about two years ago since I do more 'in your face' shots and use it more as my primary lens of the two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy Blum Cooper
    On my 6x7, I have the 105. That's what it came with. I'd say that's the standard as it equates to about a 52mm on a 35mm camera.

I purchased the 200mm lens (for my 6x7) about two years ago since I do more 'in your face' shots and use it more as my primary lens of the two.
    Hi Dorothy,

Actually the 6x7 Pentax was available as a new purchase with either one of the lenses, so it is difficult to say which one is normal based on how they were equipped from the factory.

Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Original purchasers that bought an "outfit" or "kit" that included a lens and perhaps the metering prism got a 105mm. That was the standard lens from pentax and it's excellent. Great cameras BTW. I just finally sold my outfit. I had a 45mm 90mm 165mm and 300mm. Great range. But all I was using it for was photographing the grandbabies and ultimately it was replaced with a $65 Minolta Autocord that works as well or better for that task and is like a feather around my neck.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    replaced with a $65 Minolta Autocord that works as well or better for that task and is like a feather around my neck.
    Aaaah, but Jim, who needs a feather when you can have a tank???

Game, congrats on your (almost) purchase, and welcome to the club!
    Oh, and get a wide-angle instead.

Imke
    [SIZE=1](avid Pentax 6x7 user and very much in love with her camera)[/SIZE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Imke
    Aaaah, but Jim, who needs feather when you can have a tank???

Game, congrats on your (almost) purchase, and welcome to the club!
    Oh, and get a wide-angle instead.

Imke
    [SIZE=1](avid Pentax 6x7 user and very much in love with her camera)[/SIZE]
    Imke,

Was it you that called today? if so, sorry I was not here to take the call.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Dave,
    yup, and no prob, it's all taken care of.
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin