Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,580   Online: 931

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleicord Vb cable release socket

I picked up a Rolleicord Vb off ebay that's in excellent condition except for one flaw... the cable release socket is gone. I can't tell much by the pictures I find on Ebay, but it appears there should be a piece of black plastic/metal allowing me to screw in a cable release.

Anyone know if I should be able to get that fixed fairly easily when I send it in for CLA, or if the part is nonexistent?

Thanks,
    MP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda
    I picked up a Rolleicord Vb off ebay that's in excellent condition except for one flaw... the cable release socket is gone. I can't tell much by the pictures I find on Ebay, but it appears there should be a piece of black plastic/metal allowing me to screw in a cable release.

Anyone know if I should be able to get that fixed fairly easily when I send it in for CLA, or if the part is nonexistent?

Thanks,
    MP
    Hi,

Is the shutter rellease button still on the camera? If so...

I have a Vb, the shutter release button is removable, ie it unscrews. Once the button is removed simply screw in a cable release.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sadly, that part is missing as well. I just have an open hole into the shutter mechanism (where I can see the flat bar that gets tripped by a button or cable release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda
    Sadly, that part is missing as well. I just have an open hole into the shutter mechanism (where I can see the flat bar that gets tripped by a button or cable release.
    Oh, sorry to hear that. I can't help I'm afraid.

Barry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin