Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 702

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta ... anyone have or use one ? thanks!

i think i might have found the solution to my problem!

after scouring ebay listings for a few days, i came across a mf camera i had forgotten about - the Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta!

i won't be fumbling around looking down instead of up, old-glass ( my favorite!) and maybe within my budget, plus i don't have to sell it afterwards, cause it looks so cool

anyone have experience with this puppy ? or have a "user" to sell ?

- john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, fellow. The format, however, ranges from 4,5x6 to 6x9 (and over with rollfilms not available since decades). Which one are you looking for? Which information you need?
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, I had a rangefinder coupled Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta B w/ the 80mm f/2.8 Tessar lens Would have been the absolute perfect camera, but I couldn't put up with how small the viewfinder window was.

If you're still interested in a Yashicamat 124 let me know...
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi marco and jeremy

marco:

i was thinking of a a late, post-war 6x6 version that takes 120 film + has a tessar 2.8 // 80mm. is it easy to manage ? they look pretty sweet, but you never know until you use one if it is intuitive, or a pain to use.

jeremy:

i'm use to the mini-view ( been shooting with a leica lately )
    the yashica is fun, but i'm too much of a klutz these days to look down and
    walk at the same time. ( i don't chew gum anymore either )

aside from the viewer being tiny, any issues you had with it ?

tanks
    -john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Super Ikonta IV (the last of the line, I think) and I love it. Easy to use, sharp lens and very compact.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, I also have a Super Ikonta IV. It is a really nice camera, very compact and easy to use. It produces beautiful chromes and negatives.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just got an ikonta 521 in the mail today.It's not a SUPER, no rangefinder. But it is the cutest little thing. It's a 645 and about the size of a kodak retina. Very nicely made. I think I'll go try it out now. BYE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    i was thinking of a a late, post-war 6x6 version that takes 120 film + has a tessar 2.8 // 80mm. is it easy to manage ? they look pretty sweet, but you never know until you use one if it is intuitive, or a pain to use.

aside from the viewer being tiny, any issues you had with it ?
    John, other than the small viewfinder I thought it was a blast to shoot with! If the viewfinder had been slightly larger it would still be my walk-around camera. The 80 Tessar is also a very sweet lens. I'll check my shelves and see if I have a print of an image shot with it and I'll drop it in the mail if you'll pm me your address.

-Jeremy
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,
    I have a Super Ikonta III with an 80mm Tessar and agree with everyone else that it is a wonderful camera and really fun to use-I giggle every time I unfold it! Plus so far I haven't had anyone ask me if it's a Hasselblad...

Richard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have the 6x9 model. Beware that most of these cameras will need a new bellows. Mine looked great but the leather kept on breaking up. I sent it out to the guy at certo6.com and got it repaired for $120. The lens is quite sharp and it seems to me it makes a great travel camera. I much prefer and SLR or a view camera maybe because I am used to them and by their design it is quite hard to forget to focus. Not so with the range finder...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin