Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,177   Online: 761

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Need instructions on how to replace light trap on A12 back

If you have something you can email me or send me to a link that shows how, that would be great! Leaving in a couple of days and have 2 leaking backs. Sucks.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Eric
    Replacing the trap is easy, getting the part is the hard part. If you have a source for the parts, let me know, please!
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msage
    Eric
    Replacing the trap is easy, getting the part is the hard part. If you have a source for the parts, let me know, please!
    Michael

Huh?????
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello,

Here is a source of repair manuals and light traps parts:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~blackbird...irManuals.html
    mailto:blackbird711@earthlink.net

You can also get light traps from Hasselblad USA, but they only ship to US addresses
    http://www.hasselbladusa.com
    mailto:info@hasselbladusa.com

Changing the light traps is very easy. All you need is a small screwdriver to remove the 6 screws.

Good look

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your problem is that you need to replace the seals in a few days-it takes longer to get them from Hasselblad USA than that by UPS. You want to buy them from Hasselblad, that way you know you're getting a good product.

They are simple to replace, 6 screws, pop out the old seals, put in the new seals, 6 screws and you're done.

As a temporay fix, pull your darkslide and cover the opening with black electrical tape. This will et you through the trip.

Be careful

About 1965 I replaced light seal on a Hassy back.

Let me tell you what I did wrong. The screws that you remove to get to the light seal look the same but they are not the same lenght.

You must keep them in the same location otherwise you will get a scratch down the entire 120 or 220 film.

As an expidient remove seal and bend longitudinally over a round pen or pencil to increase curvature. Once reassembled check seal with out slide and film holder by holing up to a strong light.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    thanks everyone. I took one apart last night and rebent the black plastic shield. I didn't realize the screws were different lengths?? Now you have me worried!

Now I just have to get the spacing issues addressed .....
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin