Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,957   Online: 1110

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya 645 Super. Fix it or chuck it?

Anyone know the going rate to repair a stuck shutter on a Mamiya 645 Super. Apparently these things are the red-headed stepchild that Mamiya would like to forget about. On mine, the shutter cocks and makes a sound like it has been tripped but it doesn't open. The mirror also gets stuck in the open position on occasion. The camera was labeled in excellent condition when I bought it from KEH but of course none of this happened until the return period had expired. I already ordered a 645 Pro to replace it, but I'd like to repair the Super and use it as a backup if it is cost effective in the age of dirt cheap film bodies. Mamiya wants over $200 to fix a body, which is somewhat ridiculous given the market price for a used replacement. Any other places I might send it to?

P.S. Supposedy there is a certain range of 645 Super serial numbers which are even more trouble-prone than most. Any idea of what they are?

Shooter
    Medium Format

If you are chucking it anyway....

I repair RBs and Bronica ETRS but never worked on Mamiya 645s. If you have nothing to loose, I'd be willing to check it out in the name of science.

e-mail me if you are interested and we can discuss it further.

Paul Ron, NYC
    automax1@juno.com
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin