Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,445   Online: 973

Shooter
    Multi Format

Why isn't the space between my negs the same? (Hasselblad)

The space bewteen frames isn't constant with my hasselblad, it varies from 3mm to about 7mm. Usually this is no problem at all but as you can read in this thread http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/22366-cutting-negs-transparant-picture-edges.html it's critical at times (Andy K's tip is great btw) I am just wondering wheter it's possible to get a consistant space between the frames?

Cheers!

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    In (most) this case(s) I think that the filmholder (back) must be re-adjusted. I had once the same problem. Any Hasselblad Technician can solve this problem.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although the spacing variation can be minimized to a degree by consistent film-advance motion, as Harry suggests, it's best to have the magazine "tuned" by a Hassy service tech.

Also, be aware that several years ago there was a batch of Ilford spools that were out of spec, causing a similar problem. The bad spools had semi-circular notches at the film-loading slots. The spools with straight slots are the good ones. So, you might want to check your take-up spools before sending the magazine to a tech for service.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Ralph, other than the weird illford spools, the most likely problem is mis adjustment, wear or gearing is slipping in the back, if you want consistant spacing your best bet is to have the back tuned and CLA's by a service tech.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have my hassey film magazines tuned up every other year and have stopped having problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't have a repairman for your Hassy stuff, I've had very good luck with David Odess at www.david-odess.com

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The fault is most likely a worn stop in the back. It's a molded nylon piecee that over time wears slightly causing the uneven spacing.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin