Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,382   Online: 795
      
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    digiconvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cannock UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    809
    Images
    51

    Gone and bought a flexaret

    Thanks to everyone who has given advice on MF geaer, naturally I have ignored it all by falling for a flexaret VII from cupog. It looks great and I'm hoping it's a step up from Lubi the Lubitel (not difficult). I like TLRs and decided that a big heavy SLR was not for me (although I did enjoy using an RZ67 at college the other day).
    I also take photographs for pleasure so I want a little fun in my picture taking, the Lubitel gives this in spades but the light leaks make for interesting photos. Anyone want to give me the horror stories about flexarets tell me now before it comes so I can be ready. If it's anything like my opemus enlarger it should be a real joy but ....... do you know bwtter ?

    Cheers ; chris

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,680
    Cupog is good. Did he give it a CLA first? I don't think I've ever had a problem with my Va.

  3. #3
    digiconvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cannock UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    809
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Cupog is good. Did he give it a CLA first?........
    Yes, that's why I bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    rather than take a chance on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    He seems a brilliant dealer and the gear he sells is silly money, I can buy two of these meoptas for the cost of a fairly old rolleicord and with my 'skill' who will know the difference ?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    768
    Images
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert
    Thanks to everyone who has given advice on MF geaer, naturally I have ignored it all by falling for a flexaret VII from cupog. It looks great and I'm hoping it's a step up from Lubi the Lubitel (not difficult). I like TLRs and decided that a big heavy SLR was not for me (although I did enjoy using an RZ67 at college the other day).
    I also take photographs for pleasure so I want a little fun in my picture taking, the Lubitel gives this in spades but the light leaks make for interesting photos. Anyone want to give me the horror stories about flexarets tell me now before it comes so I can be ready. If it's anything like my opemus enlarger it should be a real joy but ....... do you know bwtter ?

    Cheers ; chris
    Oh, the latest Flexaret would give you fun not only in spades, but in truckloads - believe me, quirky this device could look, but it's capable of doing fine pictures. I used one in USSR times, and it was a gem. Ant it looks really funny, especially that focusing handle and coupled EV scale The focusing screens on them were on a dim side, but maybe that could be helped by, say, Satinsnow glass? Or maybe you've got one bright enough? It's as good as Meopta enlargers, so you'll see it for yourself soon - and it's a SYSTEM camera, with lots of interesting add-ons available

    Cheers, and have fun - Zhenya

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    10

    Unique, But. . .

    Weakest point of the Flexaret is film transport/shutter. I've had two and both broke the same place. Went to Autocord instead, it uses the same helical with better shutter mechanism and lenses. Can't beat that neat deco styling, though. Mine are great decoration!

  6. #6
    Brac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by johnr55
    Weakest point of the Flexaret is film transport/shutter. I've had two and both broke the same place. Went to Autocord instead, it uses the same helical with better shutter mechanism and lenses. Can't beat that neat deco styling, though. Mine are great decoration!
    The models with lever wind transport are known to have a weakness here but later models (I think from the IV on) reverted to knob wind-on and this is supposed to be more robust.

    Generally the Flexarets are well thought of and are streets ahead of the rather horrible Lubitel.

  7. #7
    digiconvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cannock UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    809
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac
    .............. the Flexarets are well thought of and are streets ahead of the rather horrible Lubitel.
    Shh, Lubi will hear you
    I am hoping to avoid the 'lubitel stoop' caused by trying to peer through that tiny loupe onto the tinier frosted glass screen.

  8. #8
    Brac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert
    Shh, Lubi will hear you
    I am hoping to avoid the 'lubitel stoop' caused by trying to peer through that tiny loupe onto the tinier frosted glass screen.
    Best of luck, I got so frustrated with mine I sold it on ebay!



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin