Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,158   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick, I am talking about the 60/6C and I have never had a problem with Kiev USA, if I had meant the 88 I would have said the 88, I have had a few of them as well. its not a point of contention, just a different experiance than you have had with yours as opposed to mine...it is the same with anything in cameras, one persons gem is another person piece of junk, that is all.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've looked at and handled both, and ended up with a P6 along with 50, 80 and 120mm lenses.

The standard Kiev has a brighter focus screen, but feels bigger, heavier and somewhat cruder in my hands. You can have the focus screen in the P6 swapped to something brighter (e.g. a Kiev screen, Rollei, etc.).

Whichever you get, buy from a reputable place, and get one that has preferrably been checked or CLA'd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I echo the suggestion to get a CLA'd one. I've had a P6 which had film advance issues from day one. The film counter did not work either. Of course, this was probably a busted specimen (from a seller with questionable feedback). The camera takes fine pictures, and I really liked the single coated Biometar. I recommend flocking the interior of the camera, though.

Just my 2c.

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Just wondering which camera would prove to be "the lesser of 2 evils". My hunch is the Pentacon but I thought I would ask actual "users" as opposed to basing my decision on camera reviews.
    I have a love-hate relationship with my Kiev 60.

I love the lens (arsat f2.8 80mm) and bright focus screen.
    I hate the seismic mirror slap, non-working self-timer, and near-random frame spacing problems.

But that lens and the negs it gives me...wow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin