Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,465   Online: 985

Shooter
    35mm

MF processing by mail. . .

I live outside a metropolitan area and would like a source to mail in b/w print film to receive regular prints back. I'm mainly 35mm and don't want to get into processing this again. Nothing fancy or custom, just regular old processing like we used to get from the drugstore. Does anyone have a mail-in source? Much appreciated-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A&I in LA and Calypso in Santa Clara California will both do MF by mail. They aren't drug-store cheap, but they are good. A&I sells mailers, both will handle stuff mailed in with a note (and a credit card number)

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In addition to A&I, also take a look at Specialty Photographic Laboratories (http://www.specialtyphotolab.com/), which processes b/w. Again, I don't think this is a low-cost option, although their prices aren't horribly out of line.

Unfortunately, the days of the inexpensive b/w drop-off service seem to have followed the path of Kodak's great films: V-Pan, Pan-X, TechPan, K25, etc. -- into the great beyond, wherever that is.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    APUG has a new sponsor, Praus Productions (go to the sponsor page for their link), that does this type of work. I haven't tried them yet, but I am planning on sending them some B&W sheet film after the holidays.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I fortunate to live in Chicago where we still have local labs that process B&W film. However, I recently shot some agfa scala and sent it off to Main Photo Services and did a great job and got it back in a week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    APUG has a new sponsor, Praus Productions (go to the sponsor page for their link), that does this type of work. I haven't tried them yet, but I am planning on sending them some B&W sheet film after the holidays.
    Didn't know about them becoming sponsors. I'll have to give them a try next order!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you! Will start trying them out--

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin