Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,518   Posts: 1,645,555   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Give it a couple more years and Blads and the Ziess lenses will be going as cheap as all the Bronica and Mamiya stuff goes for today on Ebay.

The other question is once the cameras are no longer produced, how does one get replacement parts for repairs when they break?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the same law that requires Tamron Bronica to perform repair and warrantee service for a period of 7 years after halting production of the Bronica line of analog cameras will apply to Hasselblad as well. I know that the mere mention of corporate responsibility swiftly chaps the hides of some of our members but...
    part of doing business in the Land of the Free is that you will be accountable, in a limited way, to the legions that have made you (and your grandchildren's grandchildren) wealthy beyond imagination by supporting the very expensive professional equipment they have purchased from you in good faith. Seven years isn't THAT long anyway- it should be ten, at least. But it IS the law which makes me wonder why film makers couldn't be held to a similar standard. Wouldn't it be great to know that you had seven years to buy and stash all the film and chemistry you would ever need?

As far as repairs and parts go- you could always buy three or four good units each (they're cheap enough) of whatever cameras you plan on using and you'd be in good shape 'til the day you tip over! Repair manuals on CD for $5 and $10 are all over the place. The hardware of analog photography is the least of my worries - it's the film, paper, and chemistry that makes me nervous. If not the manufacturers halting production- then the environmentalists who scream about how dirty the analog process is etc., etc.

Don't worry- service and parts for the analog Blads and will be around for quite a while.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "C" series lenses have been discontinued for over 30 years and yet it is still posible to repair them. Parts for Blads exist and I personally don't think they are going to become scarce any time soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I've read this thread entirely twice now and I don't see anywhere proof that the V system is discontinued. I've been to the Hasselblad User's Group and there's no such panic. Perhaps the original poster is refering to the discontinued 2000 series?

Is the sky really falling? Is there really a wolf?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    The other question is once the cameras are no longer produced, how does one get replacement parts for repairs when they break?
    Not a problem getting a mechanical camera repaired. I had a Contax IIIa restored to like-new condition last year. It was already in fine shape and just needed a new Selenium cell and a full overhaul.

Donor bodies are available for parts. And a really good machine shop can manufacture any part you might need. Now, electronic cameras are another story.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am tempted by used 500C/M's every time I go to the KEH website. Prices are very low right now even for KEH's better-than-average quality Hasselblads. I really like using my Pentax 645's and the results are excellent but I also like the 6x6 format.

Maybe after the Christmas bills are all paid off.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hasselblad fired all their reps, including some really smart, great old-timers over the Thanksgiving weekend this year. That leaves only the Imacon reps to discuss their products with dealers and customers. That should tell you something.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I stopped off at Penn Camera last night in Rockville to buy film. There was a Mamiya RB67 in their used display case with 120 back and the standard lens for $300.00. I came very close to buying it, just to have a backup, but then it occurred to me that 'blads must be going for just as cheap.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    T
    The "Older" systems are still listed under products .
    The film systems will be sold as long as there are some new ones on stock, and there seems quite a bunch left.
    But there are no film cameras built new, not now and not in future. Over and out, Hasselblad is a digital company now. Not surprising tho, this was what we had to expect from a company making pro equipment exclusively.

bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    I am tempted by used 500C/M's every time I go to the KEH website. Prices are very low right now even for KEH's better-than-average quality Hasselblads. I really like using my Pentax 645's and the results are excellent but I also like the 6x6 format.
    Me too, then I go look at the lens prices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I emailed Hasselblad and asked if the film cameras were dead and this is the response from Mark Brady...

"Not true. Hasselblad continues to produce the 500 Series cameras, the
    905SWC and the XPan system.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations Department
    Hasselblad USA Inc"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin