Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,796   Online: 680

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

camera bag fell, now shutter is stuck on Bronica SQAM

My camera bag fell off of a wall onto hard pavement. Now, it seems that the leaf shutter is stuck closed on my 80mm lens. I can't advance the film by pressing the shutter release. I can't remove the lens either. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks so much!
    Nancy

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know of any way to manually release the leaf shutter on a Bronica. I don't know that this will help but have you checked to see that the battery is still in place? Have you tried to depth of field preview? Perhaps that will allow the leaf shutter to release. Beyond that, I think it may be time for the repair person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OUCH!

All may not be lost...

What may have happened is that the lens might have fired because of the fall, but NOT the body. Take off the back and lock the mirror up. Look through the body at the back of the lens mount and see if the ring with the two pins has roated counter clockwise. If it has, take a small object, like a pen, and CAREFULLY try to rotate them clockwise until they stop and see if that lets you get the lens off.

I don't have myu Bronica's with me at the moment, but if you're still having problems, I can try to duplicate your situation (without the drop) when I get home.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks so much for replying. I'm checking out of a hotel in NYC and will be back in Boston tonight. I'll try your suggestions and let you know if I have any success.
    Thanks Again!
    Nancy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I let my husband at the camera and now all it lost. LOL. I just checked out KEH and I can buy a whole kit for $279.00 (bargain). I'll get the lens I lost, the body, a prism, and a 220 film back. It just didn't seem to be worth it to try to fix it.
    Thanks again for your help and Happy New Year!
    Nancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ouch! Sorry to hear it's toast Nancy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aww thanks so much. I'm happy to say I got my new kit and everything looks good.
    Nancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't wait to see some photos from it in the gallery, Nancy!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Suzanne!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin