Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 718

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for that post. very usefull. I will surely use that Uv treatment.
    one thing about that little button to flip the mirror back in it's position: I also read that in de manual, but I don't fully get it. You push that button shoot a picture and then?

How does it work?

Best regards and thanks Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We may be talking of 2 different buttons related to MLU. The slide button at the lens mount point is the MLU trigger. Push this one just before firing the shutter button. The other button mentioned is the very small round button mounted on the body front, just below the shutter release button. This will unlock the mirror if it is in the up position and requires a pointed object to press it easily.

I'll second the importance of battery health and also that I've found better luck with the silver cell over the alkaline alternative. There is a small voltage difference and all of my bodies seem sensitive to this factor and will misbehave with the alkalines.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmmm, I will surely go for that silver baterie. But what about those two buttons? I mean the bigger black slide one is what locks the mirror up to prevent shaking. the other button "unlocks it". what is that supposed to mean?

Thanks for explaining, Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pressing the shutter cycles the shutter and the mirror then returns to its normal down position. The small button is for unlocking the mirror if it is in the up postion and not releasing Also, if you put a battery in with the mirror in the up position, the battery will drain as long as the mirror is up. The safety button allows you to unlock the mirror in this case.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Medium Format

Try it

I think the easiest thing you can do is try it. When I first got one I played with all the buttons to make sure I understood everything. You will either have to put a roll of film into it or set the film counter above 1 so the shutter will trip.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format

I will :)

Quote Originally Posted by craigclu
    Pressing the shutter cycles the shutter and the mirror then returns to its normal down position. The small button is for unlocking the mirror if it is in the up postion and not releasing Also, if you put a battery in with the mirror in the up position, the battery will drain as long as the mirror is up. The safety button allows you to unlock the mirror in this case.
    I will try to fully crasp the camera. It's great to take photo's not havin to think about that kind of stuff.
    But, hope i'm not to repetitive, I still don;t fully get the quoted thing.

For as what I read this is described:

1. you slide the button to lock the mirror up to prevent shaking when taking a photograph.

thats perfectly clear.

2. after that photo the mirror is back in position. clear as well.

then 3. Their seems to be a second little button that unlocks the mirror.
    I found it and when pressing nothing happens.
    As quoted above, the mirror should return to it's original position right? The same effect as takin a photo withouth actually exposing film, right?
    well as said. Nothing happens. Still can't see a thing looking through the camera, which indicates the mirror is still flipped up.
    So what does the button actally do, as it is not bringen the mirror back? and what should be done?

Sorry but someone has to describe this in a very overdone way. I am not to slwo understanding these kind of things. normally that is

Thanks a lot everyone so far.
    Bet regards SAM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My only suggestion is to make sure you are fully depressing the button. I usually use a toothpick or something similar. The only time I have had the mirror not return was whenever I was having battery problems. In those cases I had to remove the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin