Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,889   Online: 969

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

filters for the Mamiya 645m

Hello, I am new to the forum and fairly new to photography (3 years). My work mainly centers around the artistic nude as well as vintage and journalistic style. I use a Pentax K1000 and a Mamiya 645m. Can someone please give me a suggestion for good infrared filters for the Mamiya. Also, I am a bit confused on the issue of "spectrum". Any help would be most greatly appreciated. I am so happy to have found this site and will soom become a subscriber.
    Patsy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Freestyle in California offers IR film for 120.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_main.php?cat_id=405

JS

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here since I'm not an infrared shooter, but I thought that shooters of infrared used a deep red filter with the film, and I'm sure that any filter used by a 35mm shooter for infrared would be available in the 58mm normal 645 Mamiya lens size. Search a few threads on infrared > filters and you'll get your answer. Btw, isn't infrared in 120 size extremely limited? I looked into this about a year ago or so, and there was one guy I remember rolling the film and charging kind of hefty prices for it. Are you looking to simulate it with a filter? If so, I believe I read a thread somewhere about this, but can't give you any more information; You'll have to do a search. You might also have to go down the digital road for the 120 film size, but then I am unaware of the availabilities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin