Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,232   Online: 834

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So Brownie #2 arrived on Saturday, its a 06/56 model.

And Brownie #3 arrived. It's a pre-flash model, and it's a Canadian made baby! By "Canadian Kodak Company LTD."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rich,

Those are some way cool Hawkeyes. Reminds me of old school hot rods. Hmmmm.... Candy Apple Red, and some pinstripes. Oh yeah...

I just finished refurbishing a BHF for a Christmas present. I've done a couple in the past, but took extra care with this one. I also did the mini-flash that came with it. It was pretty rough inside but cleaned up like new. The body had an extraordinary amount of mold and grunge inside so I took out the shutter plate so I could give it a good scrub. Had never desoldered the flash contacts before but it, too, was pretty easy. Resolder job looks and works like new. I finished up the gift by replacing the flashbulbs, batteries and film in the original box and tucked an extra 620 spool inside. Should be a nice surprise.
    Last edited by suttonjp; 12-20-2012 at 01:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a little more information
    Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
    William Morris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Man that is an easy camera to take apart!! Preliminary cleaning is done, even took the clip off the handle and polished the locking mechanism. Now I just need to research bakelite polishing and the outside will be spiffy! Surpisingly there wasn't any rust or anything on the internal mechanics, and everything works fine! I flipped the lens in this one too...
    Beautiful cleanup.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I checked mine and it looks like I could load 120 film and use a 120 spool as the take up spool. I have to get some 120 film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin