Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,258   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

120 negative storage

I need to find a better way to store my 120 negatives other than putting them in acid free paper folded in half then storing them in plastic boxes.

It's hard to see them but they don't get scratched by sliding them into sleeves.

Does any one have a good storage solution?

Curt

I also need a source for 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 individual sleeves; poly type archival, like I'm going to be around in a hundred years to check!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try Light Impressions. I get the Mylar fold-lock sleeves for my 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I store mine in print file pages for the cut negs and in sleeving for the uncut strips.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not sure why you think you could sratch them by sliding them into sleeves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Rick and Dave, Kevin I guess the last time I used plastic pages they were a thick hard plastic. Now days I don't have the patients to slide them into sleeves. I am going to check Light Impressions again. I do like a folder and a fold-lock might be just the ticket.

Curt

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Print File makes negative sleeves for 120, they are not hard plastic.

Then file in an archival 3 ring binder.

No bending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a $5 radius punch from Uchida to round the corners of my negs, zero problems now sliding them into pages or worries about the corner of one neg scratching another neg.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I dislike the Printfile plastic storage materials - my negs always seem to stick in them, and I'm uncomfortable with pulling on the negs until they unstick. And yes, before you ask, the negs are dry before they go in

I now use glassine envelopes for my 4x5 negs, and glassine sleeves for my 645 negs. Sure, you can't contact print the negs through them, and it's difficult to see the negs without removing them from the sleeves, but overall I find them easier to work with.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use Print File pages. I store them in archival plastic storage boxes. Light Impressions sells the boxes but I bought mine at a much lower price from B&H years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Baseball card holders work fine for 6x9! "Archival, polypropylene, acid free" what more could you want? They are a little thick, but no problems so far.

Mike D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin