Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,418   Online: 933

Shooter
    Multi Format

Filters for a Hassy 50mm f4 63

I received the noted lens with the 63mm filter size for Christmas. Big problem now is I cant find any adapter rings to use the filters I own. I want to be able to use my Cokin P holder and assorted filters with it. Anyone know what I should be looking for and/or where I can find it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Charles
    I received the noted lens with the 63mm filter size for Christmas. Big problem now is I cant find any adapter rings to use the filters I own. I want to be able to use my Cokin P holder and assorted filters with it. Anyone know what I should be looking for and/or where I can find it?
    I'm lost on this one as far as "63mm filter Size". Which 50mm Hasselblad Lens - specifically, do you have?

My "Carl Zeiss Distagon 4/50 T*" takes a "Bay(onet) 60" adapter -- and Cokin has "Bay 60 adapters (I have one) for their "P" series filters.

There is a "Bay 60 - 67mm" Adapter for use with screw-in filters _ I also use one of those. I think a 63 mm filter will probably vignette. Tiffen, B&W, Hoya - most likely many others - make those.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup, the older 50's came with a series 8 retaining ring on them, so it should take the 67mm directly. Unless you haven't removed the retaining ring that is.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The older versions (C and CT*) have, as opposed to the newer CF/CFi/CFE-lenses a threaded front, not a bayonet. This thread has a diameter of 63mm, which is a pretty unusual size today. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find an adapter, although I have seen similar adapters for the 50mm thread on *bay.

I use a B60-62mm adapter and then a 62mm Cokin holder, much cheaper than the Cokin B60! =)
    The camera is merely the means of capturing the image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a standard 67mm filter. see if that doesn't screw right in. If is is an old "C" lens.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to claify, this is what I got:

http://www.keh.com/shop/SHOWPRODUCT....urpic=0&dpsp=0

I'll try out the 67mm filters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup, it's got a knurled retaining ring on the very front of the lens. It takes series 8 or 67mm filters.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin