Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,658   Online: 797

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad Tripod Mount Question

Hello,
    I am in the process of trading some equipment with a friend of mine and I will acquire a Hasselblad 500CM and three lenses. It's been twenty or more years since I used a 'Blad and am having a great time getting to know the system again.
    One question:
    I've used Really Right Stuff tripod mounts for all my cameras for the last 5 or 6 years and really love their products.
    For the 500CM, is the RRS necessary or does the Hasselbad tripod Quick Release Mount work as effectively?
    Thanks for any input,
    Tom Micklin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've found the Hasselblad quick-release mount adequate, but I have it mounted to a RRS plate so I can use it on an Arca ball. The Clearsight Hasselblad replacement foot is tempting, but I'd loose the ability to use other Hasselblad accessories.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a Hasselbad Quick Release Mount when I got my 500cm, I intended buying a "better" one but found out I didnt need anything better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also got the 'blad quick release, but I don't find it very quick. I usually have to use quite a lot of force to get the camera loose. Once attached, the camera doesn't move a millimeter, not even when I let go of the catch.

It might be a sign that I should use my 'blad more! =)
    The camera is merely the means of capturing the image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the input.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format

Greetings Tom:

I've got both the older QR and the newer one. I use them on Linhof Profi II or Profi III ballheads with quickfix release plates to the ballheads. Never had a problem and like the set up a lot. I think the newer Hassie plates are made to help prevent accidental release. However, there is an adjustment to loosen the lockdown lever tension which makes it easier to open and close.

As to RRS, they're a great firm and put out very nice products, but really really specialized stuff. ;>)
    Take it light.
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin