Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,801   Online: 1117

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Zeiss Jena 180mm lens with Pentax 67 mount

I am helping sell some gear for a friend and she has a Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 180mm lens that has a Pentax 67 mount.

The odd thing is it does not have aperture blades on the inside but does have an aperture ring on the outside. How do you use this thing and what is it worth?

thanks,
    david b in santa fe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If turning the aperture ring doesn't cause the lens to stop down when it's not on a camera, then it's probably something that someone hacked together and either lost the aperture blades when they made it, made it because the lens had no aperture blades so they figured "What the heck", or they wanted to shoot with it wide open only. To the best of my knowledge such a lens would have to be a hack (someone correct me please if I'm wrong...but a Zeiss lens on a Pentax 67 seems non-standard to me).

Regardless, probably the only way you'll find out what it's worth is to put it up on eBay and see what it goes for. (Without aperture blades my guess is that it won't go for much...it's a pretty specialized lens at that point.) Someone who has another 180mm Zeiss Jenna that they really want to mount on their Pentax 67 might be interested in paying something for it, but I think most shooters wouldn't have an interest in a lens that has no blades.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help...best of luck.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    interesting... take a look at this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...n-44778696.htm

not the same lens or mount but a similar setup (a large format lens mounted on a MF bayonet system) - maybe you can get an idea of the price from the auction when its complete ...

In your case the aperture would be set at the fastest speed (possibly even faster and therefore in turn possibly exposing edge parts of the elements that arent so optically fine as the centre) -

hmmm,
    the pentax 67 is a focal plane shutter so your zeiss doesnt need one but the RZ67 lenses use leaf shuttters so the lens in the above auction also is also mounted in a shutter, which would increase its value ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. There are NO blades inside. I have yet to find any other info on it. Thanks for the help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could be the blades don't stop down because they're coated with oil. If the aperture ring moves they're probably disconnected(linkage broken or ?).
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt it's a LF lens. More likely a P6 lens. Are the blades really missing? Or is the thing just broken? I have a 150 that the linkage is broken. At least I think it's the linkage. Short of taking it apart that's my best guess. The blades are still inside but they don't show up.

What's it worth? You need to find a Pentax user that is willing to pay for the Zeiss name. It used to be a lot easier when used MF equipment was expensive to find people paying high prices for stuff like this. But today you can likely get a real Pentax lens from Keh for not that much money.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin