Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,716   Posts: 1,483,066   Online: 932

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    I f you can live with the standard size non-changeable lens not much can beat the Rolleiflexes.

The rolleis are easy to use, inconspicuous and perfectly usable for street and situational photography.
    Dont have a Rollei, but a Yashica 124 and I love it. I was getting slightly dragged out on the 4x5 routine, and 35mm was simply a trick that I had been doing since the 70s. My first trip out gave me more fun and enjoyment than I can remember in many years.

The fixed lens makes me think much more about the composition of a photo. Having to move around and deal with those logistics has caused me to choose locations and angles that I would never have thought about if I could simply zoom or choose another lens. This experience has led to new perspectives in shooting when using the Super Graphic, and now I carry both out on a shoot.

As to the "inconspicuous" part, the TLR seems to attract a whole lot more attention than running around with a 35 SLR barefoot...
    Cheers,

Patrick

When you come to a fork in the road, take it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blast and confound it!!!
    Suddenly the shutter on my lovely rollei won't go click any more.
    Took it to the repair shop and apparently the main spring has busted.
    Grrr, grrr, grrr.
    At least it's still under warranty so it won't cost me any more £s - makes you want to spit though!

Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted
    Blast and confound it!!!
    Suddenly the shutter on my lovely rollei won't go click any more.
    Took it to the repair shop and apparently the main spring has busted.
    Grrr, grrr, grrr.
    At least it's still under warranty so it won't cost me any more £s - makes you want to spit though!

Jack
    Jack

You didn't happen to try and change to a high shutter speed, especially 1/500, once you'd cocked the shutter? I managed to bust my first TLR by doing that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leeturner
    Jack

You didn't happen to try and change to a high shutter speed, especially 1/500, once you'd cocked the shutter? I managed to bust my first TLR by doing that.
    Not at all. It was all set up on a tripod using 1/4 sec. I was being very scientific doing bracketed exposures for a new film/dev combo (efke 100 + R09 which incidentally looks v. promising)
    Well, that's life.

Jack

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recommend you lokk at www.edkrebbs.com to see what an old 1954 Rollei can do - simply stunning! Have fun I'm jealous.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sorry that's krebs with one "b"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know if my Rolleiflex 2.8C should have a standard PC socket as my sync lead doesn't want to fit (first time I've tried it on this camera). It fits my 'cord Vb but that's a much more recent model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you will love the TLR - it seems to just be perfect for all those pictures you never thought you could or would end up taking! Being a bit of a "shoot from the hip" type, I really found that the bixy nature of a TLR makes it perfect for all kinds of "in the field" solutions: you can rest it on any table, shoot sideways, I have many shots where cigarette packs and stacks of napkins have served as a "tri-pod". You just can't do it as easily with an SLR, and especially in a MF slr.
    BTW, check out the tlr flash thread - lots of good info on the other subject that seems to have come up here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin