Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,396   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AeisLugh
    I'd love to give this a try, but since I don't have access to a darkroom yet (I hope to sometime in the next 2-3 months), so I'll just have to sigh and dream.
    and here I am again, not having read the entire thread before posting. I really should stop doing that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could also shoot 120 color film and have it printed

Quote Originally Posted by AeisLugh
    and here I am again, not having read the entire thread before posting. I really should stop doing that.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I don't want to dash anyone's hopes... but the next round will be to a local photographer. There is a fellow at work who's wife takes quite a few photos, mostly digi. We had a sort of "art fair" here at work, and after seeing some prints from 120 film she was interested. I figure if there is a chance for a "conversion", I better take advantage of the opportunity.

I really should find a scanner so's I can share the prints I have received from the loanees.

Peter - hope you are enjoying the camera & burning up lots of film. Only about 3 weeks left !!

later folks...
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its a good cause! There is magic in those big, beautiful negatives!
    As to my time with the camera, its been a blast! I'll be sorry to see it go - on the bright side, my wife told me I have to buy one now!

Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmmm... that's inspiring.
    I think I should do the same with my Hasselblad.
    I would only ask some sexual favors in return and a 10,000 euro deposit.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Hmmm... that's inspiring.
    I think I should do the same with my Hasselblad.
    I would only ask some sexual favors in return and a 10,000 euro deposit.
    Oh... I must be confused. Are you pimping your Hasselblad already?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rexp,

This is very cool thing you are doing.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well... the Koni arrived safe & sound on my desk Wednesday - THANK YOU PETER.

I hope you ended up with some good negatives, and I look forward to seeing some prints. As I mentioned earlier, the camera is spoken already taken for round 4 1/2. Someone local is going to use it, and I have set up the same rules as I have for you folks (I try to be fair). So... the next round starts today, and the camera will be back on the loaner table in 3 months. This should work out nicely as most of us seem to have more darkroom time when it is cold out anyway.

Ain't this fun?!!
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just have to chime in with one more eartfelt thank you - I had a blast, I do have some promising negs (which ones to print first!?), and I have to say, the experience went beyond taking photos for me. There was something really neat about holding this "traveller" in my hands, wondering what stories it could tell, and knowing that soon, smeone else will be holding my memories in their hands just as I was. It was a cool feeling indeed!
    Thanks a bunch, Rex, this is indeed a very nice, generous thing you are doing!

Peter.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    <blush>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin