Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,663   Online: 935

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

MF Loaner Program #4

Since I have received some prints... I am going to give this a whirl again. Anyone interested in trying out 120 format film won't find a much easier route. If you look thru the last two times I did this, you will see how much fun hauling around an old camera can be.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/20085-loaner-program-mf-camera-3-a.html
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/16785-loaner-program-mf-camera-2-a.html

If I can find access to a scanner I may consider starting a gallery for the prints I am sent.

I had trouble sending this camera to Canada, so I will probably lean towards lending it to someone in the US - HOWEVER - don't be afraid to ask, especially if you know how the shipping should be handled.

I will try to pick a winner (no, not from my nose) within the next week or two.

As always there are rules. Here they are, copied from before...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a couple of Koni-Omega rangefinder medium format cameras. Since I only use one of them, I have decided to help out those who are toying with moving up to medium format (sorry - I don't have any LF gear. But if you are willing to loan me yours...). You can check out the camera at http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/korapid.html Scroll down to the first picture with a red background. The camera has been cleaned and adjusted. Although this is an "old" camera, it takes beautiful pictures. Included will be a 90mm lens and one film back. You will need to provide your own 120 film.

So here's the deal:

1. You post a reason why I should consider loaning you my camera.
    2. I will pick who to send to. No democracy here, MY camera - I choose. If you don't have access to a darkroom, don't bother asking to have the camera.
    3. I will send you the camera, I will cover shipping one way. If you live outside the US, I may ask you to split the cost of shipping.
    4. You have the camera for 3 months from the day I ship it. Use it.
    5. You send the camera back, you pay for insured shipping ($100 value is OK).
    6. You send me what you consider to be the TWO BEST photographs you made with this camera. I will let you decide on print size and all those details (contact prints are NOT acceptable). I can dry mount & frame so don't waste your money on that nonsense unless you really want to.
    7. Let a family member know what is going on so that if something happens to you I can still have my camera back.
    8. All costs incurred due to your addiction to a larger format film are your responsibility.

As with anything mechanical there is the risk that something breaks. All I ask is that you take care of the camera, don't abuse it, don't disassemble it, keep it clean, and if it breaks - make sure you send me all of the pieces and a good story explaining what happened.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good luck to the winner! It's a beautiful camera.
    Nate Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't get any newbees to bite, think about me...

Although I've got a couple of mf cameras (6x6 yashicas), that looks like a truly SAweeet camera that I'd love to spend a month or two getting to know...

"Talk to me, brutha!"

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do we post our reason why here, or should we PM you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an idea - I think it would be great fun to make a gallery of the prints from these loan-outs! I know, you are being generous enough by sharing your gear, so it may be too much to ask to see the prints, too. But it would be a neat "trip", don't you think?

Also, I would love to apply for this next round. My reasons are simple: I am flat broke and saving for a nice MF outfit, but for now, its my 35mm gear and a Lubitel (oh yes, and a Holga). And all my good lenses in 35mm were recently stolen, too... so I have been down on my luck in the gear dept. It would be nice to have a chance to shoot a MF camera that can give me better results. My wife and I are both in love with RF's, so letting her see one that big may help in the most difficult part of any camera purchase - getting it by the boss' desk, hehehehhee. Besides, I would love the opportunity to share some of my work with someone - my family and friends are sick of my "look at my photos" ambushes

Peter.

NOTE: Sorry, overcome with enthusiasm, I posted this originally in the wrong thread (#3).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes a gallery would be nice.
    I really like the idea with this program.
    Way to go Nate.
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gnashings has my vote...

I also like the gallery idea.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I borrowed the camera in the summer, is AWESOME!!!
    Unfortunately with 2 little ones my time in the Darkroom has been reduced to almost nothing and have not been able to send Rex his prints.... shame on me!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's very generous on your side. How I wished to have such an opportunity back then!

Unfortunately I guess that the need of a mid format enlarger is very limiting for young kids. Usually, that's the big deal. Still now, every time I upgrade, the camera comes first, then the enlarger. Oh, however... Yours is the camera, yours are the rules!
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was going to put in a request for myself, but I think gnashings is a better candidate because of the recent theft.

By the way, how much do these things weigh? I hoisted one at a camera show a few months ago and it seemed pretty heavy, but the memory has faded a bit. I'd like something I could take hiking, so I'm thinking a folder or TLR might be the way to go anyway. Although I'm willing to take some weight with me (better workout, especially at 13,000 feet).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin