Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,169   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That answered my question. Thanks for the info. I asked the same question to another photographer and he said add them. But, your information agrees with the data in one of Ansel Adams' books.What prompted me to ask the question in the first place was I could not figure out what would happen if you had for example a K2 yellow filter with a 1 stop density and then a nd filter say 3 stops? If you multiply that you get 3 stops. That doesn't seem to work. Any more thoughts? Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by matherto
    That answered my question. Thanks for the info. I asked the same question to another photographer and he said add them. But, your information agrees with the data in one of Ansel Adams' books.What prompted me to ask the question in the first place was I could not figure out what would happen if you had for example a K2 yellow filter with a 1 stop density and then a nd filter say 3 stops? If you multiply that you get 3 stops. That doesn't seem to work. Any more thoughts? Michael
    Yes it does work. See reelis67 post again. If you add the stops you get 4. If you multipy the factors you get Yellow a factor of x2 and an ND a factor of x8 which is a total of 16 if multiplied. A factor total of 16 is 4 stops. It progresses 2,4,8,16. Each stop is double the value of its predecessor.

Pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin