Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,277   Online: 816

Shooter
    Multi Format

Baldalux question.

There is a switch on this Balda folder that has 3 positions yellow/red/X.
    Anyone know what the colors denote?

Thanks,
    Mike

Images
    Good Evening, Mike,

Don't know for sure, but the "X" suggests different sync settings or sync settings and a self-timer.

Konical

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, sounds like an M/X/V -- if so, X is for electronic flash, M for flash bulbs, and V is the self timer. If you don't have the M and V, M will usually be closest to the X, and most shutters (in my experience) won't go into V unless cocked. Probably best not to put it in V, however -- many older shutters will jam solid if put into self timer, and only a full CLA will put them right.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Danger! Danger!
    Donald is right. If the selector is on X, leave it there.

Sounds like a prontor svs shutter. If it is the same camera I have, it is a coupled rangefinder folder. The lens is not front element focusing, the whole lens moves on a helical connected to the rangefinder. It is not easy to dismantle to cla, so don't try. My camera has the Scheider Radionar 80/2.9 lens. It gives excellent results when stopped down to f11 or f16. If your camera is in good condition, it is a keeper/user.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin