Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,339   Online: 842

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A back for my Century Graphic

I currently use a singer 6X7 lever wind back, a graphmatic and some 2X3 filmholders on my Century Graphic. Are there any other kinds of roll film backs that will fit on the Century's graflock back? Someone told me an RB67 back will fit. Is this true? While the singer back works well, it seems rather flimsy, and I cringe when I see the price of 6X7 lever wind backs on ebay.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Rick.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I personally like "Graphic 23" backs, which are, I believe, earlier iterations (with knob wind) of what became the Singer back. I don't have any to fit 6x9, I do have 2 examples, one for 1/4-plate and one for 4x5", and find them robust and good to use. I think you can certainly find one for much less than an RB67 magazine.

Here's one if you're quick:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRAFLEX-23-GRA...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a dedicated 6x9 Horeseman back that I had shopped by Grimes to fit. The slots were a wee bit small and I had them milled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want 2x3 (nominal 6x9), an Adapt-A-Roll 620 will do. I use 'em, with careful loading get 9 shots/roll.

AAR 620s will feed film from a 120 spool, must take up on a 620. Since 620 spools are scarce, I respool exposed film back to the feed spool before sending it to the lab. That's what changing bags are for.

They'll also do 10 nominal 6x7 shots/roll, BUT when shooting 6x7 the gate is off-center so using one that way will require careful marking of the GG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace
    I currently use a singer 6X7 lever wind back, a graphmatic and some 2X3 filmholders on my Century Graphic. Are there any other kinds of roll film backs that will fit on the Century's graflock back? Someone told me an RB67 back will fit. Is this true? While the singer back works well, it seems rather flimsy, and I cringe when I see the price of 6X7 lever wind backs on ebay.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Rick.
    Yes, Rick I routinely use Mamiya Pro S RB67 rollfilm backs on my 2x3 Century Graphic's graflock back. Make some Dry Runs without film (or with a dummy roll) in the back until you get familiar with how the RB67 back fits, locks onto and functions on the Graflock. IMHO the RB67 backs are a much better design than the Singer backs.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks folks.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RB645, RB67, Horseman 690, i think a Toyo 690 will fit, and maybe a few others. It takes slight massaging to the clips to get the horseman back to fit.

FYI the horseman back is actually around 56x82.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin