Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,170   Online: 792

Shooter
    Medium Format

Panaramic Adapter for Pentax 67

Has anyone used this or can offer advice?

http://cgi.ebay.com/panoramic-conver...QQcmdZViewItem

I would love to get into Panaramics but the cost for a Xpan is way out of my league. Thats right I did not win the $365 million Powerball.

Thanks!
    Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just crop the 6x7 negative. Same image!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure how you'd get the film back in the canister afterwards unless you somehow feed the film into another upside-down canister. I guess you could load/unload in the dark otherwise I don't believe you'd get the number of frames suggested. You'll lose more at the start than with a 35mm camera as you'd have to wind on the length of 220 leader paper. Plus you would lose some at the end if you have to open the back to get at the film. Personally I'd do as David suggests and crop 120/220 film. At least where I live the price is not that much different as 120 film is half the price of 35mm to buy and processing 35mm is 20% more expensive than 120.

Roger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for you your responses. I will just save the cash and crop.

Thanks again!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another advantage of cropping is you can crop the top, middle, or bottom of the frame, giving you the equivalent of the rising front and back of a view camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Save the $$ and crop. You don't really want your film going through felt light traps that can scratch the film, do you?

Yes, it has a casette on each side.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And another advantage to cropping in the easel is that to achieve the same left to right dimensions in a "panoramic," you will get 4 extra mm to play with, and extra top and bottom surface area!
    (60mm x 70mm vs 24mm x 66mm).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin