Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,932   Online: 941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Business on ebay risk is 50%

I have had "not so bad" experience with ebay so far, but I have always bought from dealers/stores who ebay their inventory. Buying from private person is a problem. But, having said that recently I bought a lens for my MF camera, noticed a minor scratch on the front lens and notified the seller, he was willing to refund. Nice ppl do exist. But I kept the lens. I have not contacted the seller of this light meter, he said he was a student, so I think I will let it go.... I might end up paying around $130 for the light meter adding a $65 repair charge. Oh well! you win some u lose some. I think the lesson here is to restrict ebay biddings to known retailers like adorama, etc who sell on ebay.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think mine is a bit off as well. I compared it to the spot meter on my Pentax *ist SLR metering from uniform areas and my Soligor was off by 2 stops. The reason I say it's off and not my Pentax is because I've found the meter on the pentax to be highly accurate, and last time I used the Soligor my dev was off. I then adjusted the screw under the lens so it matches my Pentax SLR spot meter. It seems to now be in sync with the Pentax after taking reading from a variety of subjects, think this is all I need to do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin