Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,999   Posts: 1,633,425   Online: 998

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Calibrating Soligor spotmeter II

I recently bought a soligor Spotmeter II on ebay, the light meter was over exposing by 3 stops. I notice that the needle is not in the zero position (ie aligned with the '. 2') but is below that by 3 stops. How can I recalibrate the spot meter ? There is a silver screw near the trigger on the grip but turning that does not bring the needle back to zero position but instead messed up the sensitivity of the meter I think. At the bottom of the handle I see a thread for a larger screw but no screw in place. Am I missing a part that does the alignment of the needle ? how can I fix my "broken" light meter. Currently I am working around this by setting the ISO to 400 (I shoot 100 ISO film).

Thanks a bunch
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have one, but it's on my work - when I would be there tomorrow, I'll post a reply I recalibrated it for sure with great success, so I think I would remember

Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Zhenya can't help you, I highly recommend you send the meter to Richard T. Ritter http://www.lg4mat.net/ . He repairs and calibrates Pentax and Soligor (Adorama and other rebrands) one degree meters. I've used his services and been very pleased.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    I highly recommend you send the meter to Richard T. Ritter http://www.lg4mat.net/ . He repairs and calibrates Pentax and Soligor
    Richard recently did a great job repairing and calibrating my old Soligor Spot II. Very reasonable as well.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any idea on price?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Richard did my Soligor/ZoneVI a year or so ago. Somehow $65.00 is ringing a bell, but I am not 100% sure.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Any idea on price?
    My meter had been dropped and the repair of that problem and calibration was about $75 as I recall. He will send you an estimate before undertaking the work, though.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had problems with my Soligor II meter being off in different directions depending on the where on tho EV scale I was. The single screw close to the trigger didn't help but I found three potentionmeters under the "Soligor II" label. I did not understand the logic of how they affected the readings. I noted however that the readings were different depending on what angle I held the meter (up to 2 stops difference) so I gave it up for a new sekonik L-558.

Needless to say I am not the Richard reffered to above :-).

/Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    I recently bought a soligor Spotmeter II on ebay, the light meter was over exposing by 3 stops. I notice that the needle is not in the zero position (ie aligned with the '. 2') but is below that by 3 stops. How can I recalibrate the spot meter ? There is a silver screw near the trigger on the grip but turning that does not bring the needle back to zero position but instead messed up the sensitivity of the meter I think. At the bottom of the handle I see a thread for a larger screw but no screw in place. Am I missing a part that does the alignment of the needle ? how can I fix my "broken" light meter. Currently I am working around this by setting the ISO to 400 (I shoot 100 ISO film).

Thanks a bunch
    This raises a couple of interesting questions about e-bay purchases.
    1. If you add the servicing cost being quoted to the price paid on e-bay what price do you arrive at? Does it get close to the price you may have paid at a secondhand shop for a fully working model?
    2. What were you told about the meter's defects on e-bay? In the U.K. had you bought the meter at a shop or other legitimate business outlet, you'd be covered by the law that says that things you buy have to be of merchandisable quality. That is they have to perform the function for which you bought the item OR the seller has to make it very clear what is missing and what effect this has on its merchandisable quality.

It seems to me that we are more and more accepting e-bay as the equivalent of a "lucky dip" barrel which is fine if it is at a church fete where the aim is to fund a good cause but not in a genuine buy/sell business transaction.

I hope that in your case "cheap" doesn't turn out to be expensive.The more I read about e-bay on APUG the more concerned I am

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i actually did find the receipt and it was $65.00. The meter was tested at three different levels and was calibrated to these different levels. He included a before and after test sheet.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin