Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,647   Online: 964

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, my opinion on the matter is that mirror slap is probably only a minor player, depending upon the situation.

I shoot an M645; all in all, it is an awkward camera to hold and control in the best of conditions. It is very heavy and not ergonomic at all. Without my L-grip, handholding at below 1/60 is simply not on. I figure that the grip, or lack thereof, has more to do with shake at low speeds than anything else.

If it's that bad for an M645 at low speeds, I cannot imagine a P67!!!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    FWIW, my opinion on the matter is that mirror slap is probably only a minor player, depending upon the situation.

I shoot an M645; all in all, it is an awkward camera to hold and control in the best of conditions. It is very heavy and not ergonomic at all. Without my L-grip, handholding at below 1/60 is simply not on. I figure that the grip, or lack thereof, has more to do with shake at low speeds than anything else.

If it's that bad for an M645 at low speeds, I cannot imagine a P67!!!

Kent
    I don't know. Could be the P67 ergonomics are better than the M645. I feel that my old Pentax 6X7 rests nicely in my hands. Then again I tried some shots on Delta3200 @ 1/30 or 1/60 and they came out blurred. Offcource reason could be the uncomfortable shootingposition leaning over his baby carriage where he was sleeping.
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, I'll chime in. I shoot with a 6x6 Kowa and have had lots of sharp exposures at 1/30 and a few at 1/15. I think having the waist-level viewer helps to steady the camera. It's much easier to hold steady in that position than with the camera raised to eye-level. I'd say if you need to hand hold at slow speeds, ditch the pentaprism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by meltronic
    Hi, I'll chime in. I shoot with a 6x6 Kowa and have had lots of sharp exposures at 1/30 and a few at 1/15. I think having the waist-level viewer helps to steady the camera. It's much easier to hold steady in that position than with the camera raised to eye-level. I'd say if you need to hand hold at slow speeds, ditch the pentaprism.
    I bet that you're right on this one. I have a C220 and it too weighs a ton. I found that it's really steady at low handheld speeds because I can just use the camera strap to take the weight.

I hadn't thought of it but I'd bet that a WLF on an SLR would do the same thing.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timeUnit
    The only major drawbacks is inherent in the RF design itself, not the camera, ie parallax error, limited close focusing, not the best for long lenses etc. And of course, it's expensive!
    *h
    All true, the good and the bad side, no question. But i don't want another RF system, I do want that SLR "tunnel view" others hate so much, you know. :-)) Composing properly with the framelines of a RF finder is real hard work for me, it needs a certain effort of imagination which I perceive as distracting. I accept it nolens volens for certain tasks as the best technical solution but I don't love it.

Bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    35mm
    My advice for MF camera is no different than it is for 35mm. Always use a tripod of priven stability with the mirror locked up unless not using it will lead to better photos.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another point to remember is that sharpness is going to be determined by the weakest link in your entire system. If you have a shakey enlarger, a poor enlarger lens, an enlarger out of alignment, or anything else in the whole process that is not up to snuff, all the mirror damping/locking in the world is not going to help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well true as that is things do sum up and if the neg is blurred nothing can be done to rescue that shot except making a virtue out of the unsharpness. Allways aim to have the best possible neg to work with no matter how poor your enlarger, -lens or whatever is at the time being. Things may change and you may get that DevereleicazoneVIRodenstockcompononearthequakesafe dingie some day and want to print some of your old negs.
    Cheers Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Soeren where do I get one of those unpronounable dingies? Does Morten use one? Does it come with a free bottle of Rodinal?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Soeren where do I get one of those unpronounable dingies? Does Morten use one? Does it come with a free bottle of Rodinal?
    Sorry Claire they are only for the high priest and inner circle of COR. But then again if you make a donation or sacrifice to the church, say $100.000.000 we may make an exception
    Cheers Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin