Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Neck Strap for Yashica TLR?

I'm currently using the thin (half an inch) leatherette one that came with with my Yashica when I bought it, but I was looking for a better quality replacement. I have seen those straps made for Rollei TLR with the metal alligator grip, but I'm not sure if they will fit in the metal eyelet on the side, just above the pin in which they lock. Anybody had a go at them? Otherwise is there any modern model that is worth looking at?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    On ebay there is a US based seller whose ID is camerahunter. They are offering an Op-Tech Pro Strap which is described as being suitable for the Yashica 124G, LM, D etc. It's at a Buy it Now price of US$ 22.95 plus shipping depending on where you are. Having recently acquired a very nice (but strap-less) Yashica D, I was wondering about buying one of these myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I think those would do the job. You just lock the thread loop onto itself, and you're set. Thanks for the tip! Gotta love the camerahunter, he's got me some pretty useful items like the cable release socket (Leica nipple).

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One heck of an anchor to put around your neck Michel but I realize the need for "camera safety". I will ask my friend,who has a multitude of TLR's if he can spare a strap to fit your camera.
    When I take my Rollie out for a walk I put it in a padded 2nd world war medical bag and handle it with TLC when I compose and shoot.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Did you try "Gordy's Neck Straps"? Everyone has been raving about them. He is an APUG sponsor.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Did you try "Gordy's Neck Straps"? Everyone has been raving about them. He is an APUG sponsor.
    I looked at Gordy's but the only product that would work for me is the string lug, however he produces them only as hand strap, not neck strap.

Mike: I find the Yashica actually pretty light around the neck. I'm sure the Rolleiflexes are much heavier due to their sturdier construction.

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Yep, I think those would do the job. You just lock the thread loop onto itself, and you're set. Thanks for the tip! Gotta love the camerahunter, he's got me some pretty useful items like the cable release socket (Leica nipple).
    I use an Optech on my Yashica mat. Just like Michael said the loop on the end of the strap slips through the slit on the camera strap bracket and loops over itself. (I think thats what Michael meant) I really like mine.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto on the Op-tech, B and H has good prices plus you can buy the connectors separate from the strap. I have 5 cameras with the connectors and only one strap. Plus, with my SLRs I just use the connectors as a wrist strap, works great and cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My 1" black Domke strap fits my TLR just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Optec straps are soooo nice, especially if you are using a heavy camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin