Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,537   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsta
    I tell you what, in 40 years time, when there has not been 120 film available for at least 10 years, I will pay you $50 for your ancient F. By them I am 100% certain the autosensing would have given you more trouble than the camera is worth anyway... BTW, the meter on the new Rolleis is great - and you can actually buy LR44s at most convenience stores around the planet these days. What sort of meter do you use? No battery? Then I expect you think the selenium cells going to last for ever too?
    Of course there will be 120 film in 40 years from now... if not, what will you be using in the 2,8F you're going to buy (for 3000$) when your 2,8GX will have rested its soul forever ?

The selenium cell has lasted without batteries at least until now... I can always guess the correct exposure when there will be no more batteries available for my handheld meters.

I guess that we would be able to go on like this forever (even longer that my 2,8 F will last, which is long enough :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "...I almost sleep with my cameras... I woudn't scratch them in my worst nightmare. I am what you would call a sick camera - fetishist."

My interest in cameras is as tools for making photographs - as a tool for making photographs, the GX/FX is way superior to the F in two ways - far better lens (the multicoating makes a big difference to flare issues) and far better metering. Sorry, but that's the end of the story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin