Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,479   Online: 1067

Shooter
    35mm

how much for a used 500cm

... without lenses?

i have a chanse to grabe one up ... i am trying to find price without lense...

thx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check www.keh.com
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vedrane,

The price of used camera gear in Croatia differs from what's available in other parts of the world

So, the prices quoted on keh.com or on ebay are not always a measure - generally speaking, be prepared to pay more in Croatia than for the stuff you can get from abroad.

Myself, I usually buy stuff from USA on ebay or (preferrably) either here on apug.org or from other photo forums where I "know" the people selling the equipment.

OTOH, you have to take into account shipping costs, insurance (usually negligible - a couple of bucks), and, most important, the Customs fees. The Customs fee/tax is not charged on photo equipment, but you have to pay sales taxes (VAT/PDV is charged on price of gear PLUS the postage), and, on top of that, also the "Customs handling fee". For equipment worth $100-$200, it usually comes out in the range of $35-$50.

However, even with all those Customs charges, postage, and everything, I still find it's cheaper to buy from abroad than locally in Croatia.

Another option, which I recommend, is to try one of the camera fairs nearby (e.g. in Austria), where you can usually find all kinds of gear at moderte prices, and the plus is that you don't have to pay postage or Customs (they won't ask anything at the border when they see old cameras/lenses - unles you're bringing in a truckload )

There's one in Graz, Austria, on April 23rd - check out Classic Camera under "EVENTS" link. I'll be there

Usput rečeno, dobrodošao na apug.org!
    Siguran sam da će ti se ovdje svidjeti. Ako trebaš kakav savjet ili pomoć, slobodno se javi

Regards,

Denis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin