Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 693

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an ETRs system with 2 120 backs, 220 insert, polaroid back, rotary prism, regular prism (non metered), 40mm, 75mm, 150mm, and a 250mm. The 40mm and the 250mm are PE lenses and the other 2 are the series just before the PE series came out. I am very happy with this system and have used it for a few years now.
    Brian McDowell

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

RF645

Bronica RF645 with 45, 60, and 100 lenses.....can not say enough good about this camera, I got one of the early ones and have had no trouble at all. The lenses are the sharpest I have ever owned, as good as the Hasselblad lenses and my Nikon. The lenses are all f/4 when extra speed is needed I use the flash and or Delta 3200 film. I will in the future get additional bodies. Also for many years i used a Bronica S2A which I really liked, it was noisy, but very reliable and the lenses were very sharp....I would be using it today but it disappeared when I was shooting several years back way down in old Mexico...that s another story.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought an SQ-Ai outfit about a month ago--body, 80mm lens, 120 back, WLF and eye-level prism (non-metered). Soon, I hope to add the 50mm lens and another 120 back.

I haven't had a chance to use it much yet, but my test rolls have me anxious to get out and do some real photography. It's a great camera and with prices the way they are now, it's hard to find an excuse not to jump at some of the deals out there.

- Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I couldn't take it anymore...

So I edited the thread title, so that it will show up on a search for "Bronica".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Classic Bronica user here. 2 S2a bodies, 5 backs, 11 lenses from 40mm through 500mm, tilt-shift bellows and various what-nots. It's a very affordable way to build a very versatile system.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole

So I edited the thread title, so that it will show up on a search for "Bronica".
    Thank you Ole! It was bugging me too because of the same reason - not showing up in a search.

Images
    I've been using a SQa for about 9 years now. It is my go-to camera (except that I'm using my 4x5 more and more). I have 2 bodies (recently picked up the 2nd for back-up just because they've gotten so cheap), the AE finder (and yes I use the meter and yes it gives me good results), WL, 2 120 6x6 backs, 1 120 645 back, the 40mmS, 50mmS, 80mmS, 150mmS and 250mmS lenses, speed grip and pro shade (that covers the 50mmS thru 250mmS). I can go out and spend all day with just the 40mm lenses. I've never had anything but good luck with this equipment; it never failed me.

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole

Well done that man!

SQA + 50 + 110 + 200, 36mm extension tube & few 120 backs.

Why? Half the size and weight of a 6x7 SLR (you know the one I mean...), electronically timed leaf shutters in good quality lenses. All fits nicely in a Lowepro Nova 5 shoulder bag.

Why not? Take a spare battery with you - always. Rubbish 'B' mode. No longer made (but then, what is these days? )

Cheers, Bob.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have two SQ-Ai bodies, 40PS/50S/80PS/110PS /150 PS and 250 PS lenses together with the usual assortment of finders,prisms, backs and hoods. Frankly I buy very little equipment outside of making sure I have good examples of everything and backup available on the most vital components.

I've had Bronicas for not far off a decade now- so plenty of opportunity to change them if I didn't like the format or the way the cameras work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been using my sqai which I first got for weddings in 1995 (and I have to admit, love not doing weddings anymore).

Have a 40mm which is excellent for landscapes. Recently got a 250 cheaper than I ever imagined, and am trying it on dune pix.

The one with a tilt-shift--was this mfg'd by Bronica, and is it available used??

And, does the rangefinder use completely different lenses?

Paul

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin