Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,292   Posts: 1,681,294   Online: 1106

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got an SQ-B kit about 3 months ago. No extras as yet but a 50mm lens somewhere must have my name on it. My 35mm gets very little use now, the negs look SO small and the lenses seem like P&S kit. WOnderful kit. If I had the money I'd love an RF .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I couldn't take it anymore...

So I edited the thread title, so that it will show up on a search for "Bronica".
    Ole:

Thanks for the correction - if ever I start a thread with a typo in the title, you hereby have my permission to fix my screw-up.

I've never shot Bronica, but was always impressed with their handling when I sold cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by asaphoto
    Hey All,

I got a Bronica SQ-Ai and two lenses about a year ago and love it. About 6 months ago I got a 50mm to go with my 80mm and 110mm macro. All and all I feel like I have a perfect setup for what I use it for. I was wondering who else is using Bronica gear and what setups you all have? Also what you like/dislike about what you have? Hope to hear back.

Asa
    I purchased my first Bronica GS-1 in 1988 with a 100mm and 200mm lens along with some backs, the Pro-shade, and Speed-Grip. Since then, I've added a couple of used bodies and lenses. I can honestly say that there's no other MF camera that I would rather shoot with over the GS-1. I'm very partial to the "Ideal Format" 6x7 cm negative size and Zenzanon glass is superb.

The Bronica bodies and lenses (that I have) have proved over a long period of time to be very reliable and trouble free.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bought my SQ-Ai kit 4 month ago from a friend, which for a brief moment was crazy enought to give up serius photography - he is still recovering from his magic bullet chasing, somewhere on APUG

The kit included PS 80 and 150mm and I have just added a PS 40mm.

And I just love this kit. It is so fun to play with and this BIG negative, WOW! (compared to 135-format)

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the MF bug a couple of years ago when I bought a Bronica SQ with two 220 backs, 80mm PS, and a WLF. Since then I have added an un-metered prism finder and an 135N back. It's a solid camera.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had Bronica Sq cameras for a few years, very good to work with. I'd rather use them than 35mm. I have a 50mmPS, 80mmS, 105mmS, 250mmS, extension tubes, a bellows and a bunch of backs with my two SQAs and one SQAi. A neat thing to have is the external battery pack for the SQAi that uses AA batteries, great for cold weather shooting as you can put the pack in your pocket to keep it warm while shooting.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sph777
    I've been using my sqai which I first got for weddings in 1995 (and I have to admit, love not doing weddings anymore).

Have a 40mm which is excellent for landscapes. Recently got a 250 cheaper than I ever imagined, and am trying it on dune pix.

The one with a tilt-shift--was this mfg'd by Bronica, and is it available used??

And, does the rangefinder use completely different lenses?

Paul
    The tilt shift was for the older style Bronicas and the rangefinder does use a separate series of lenses. I think if Bronica had built some cross compatibility into thier lens systems they would have an ever greater following now, possibly rivaling Hassies.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a bronica SQA, prism meter, 80mm and 50mm lens and 3 220 backs and one 135 (for 35mm film ) back. Works great for me. I need to add a macro lens some day. But I am throwing money at my LF gear instead.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got a Bronica ETR 645 with a 75mm lens and prism view finder & 120 back. It's in pretty rough condition but still works perfectly, (they don't make 'em like that anymore!) Been an exellent camera, easy to use hand-held, very good lens. I find the 645 a good compromise between portability and quality.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a complete Bronica SQ-am kit with two lenses, a 120 back and a polaroid back. I haven't used it much in the past but took about 10 rolls of film with it recently. It seems to use up the battery fast but otherwise most of the negs looked good. I have another MF camera so I'm looking to sell this kit and will put it on the classifieds soon. anyone interested can pm me.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin