Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,249   Posts: 1,680,405   Online: 905

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll join the queue of those with an S2A. Bought it about 5 years ago and have acquired a ton of lenses (50-400ml), extension tubes, doubler, two backs, the horizontal and hood magnifying view finders to augment the normal chimney/waisit level viewer.

Yes, it's quite loud, but I shoot exclusively on a tripod and keep my left hand on top of the camera when I squeeze the cable release with my right hand. Very sharp negatives from all my lenses.

It's a great system and worth lugging around. However, I leave the 400mm lens home unless I am confident that I'll need it. Have used that with the doubler a couple of times when I could get no closer than a mile or so to the subject. Works well.

FWIW, my other systems are a Crown Graphic (2.25x3.25"; vintage 1947), a Galvin medium format view camera, and the newish Seagull TLR that I take when I travel on business. Now I understand why my 35mm Nikons sat unused for more than a decade; medium format has made photography exciting and gratifying again for me.

Rich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi All. I'm new to this forum but I can tell already that it's just like home with all the Bronica users. I've had a ETRS for a couple years and found it's perfect for me. So much so that I have added an ETRSi, a handful of lenses and a great batch of accessories. My favorite lens is the 45-90. I mated that to the ETRSi body and the both have enjoyed inseparable bliss together. Heavy...yes but what a great setup. I don't miss my 35mm gear one bit. Frankly, 35mm never really did it for me. Never got the fire to use it all that much. Medium format rekindled my interest in photography to the extent that I've branched out into some of the latest digital as well as 4 x 5 format. Digital is a great tool but I haven't found it to be as fun to use as the Bronica. Nothing quite like getting prints back from a roll of 120. Now to teach myself the art of large format.
    -TV

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just bought an SQAi system and love it.

two SQAi bodies
    PS 50mm
    PS 80mm
    PS 110mm Macro
    PS 150mm
    AE prism
    Prism Finder S
    Waist Level Finder
    Motor Drive
    Speed Grip
    120 and 220 film backs
    Polaroid film back
    Accurofcus Magnifier (a great, great focusing accessory)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought a basic ETRS kit with 75mm lens, waist level finder and one film back about a year ago. This was closely followed by a 50mm lens.

I have been thinking about getting an S2A or EC recently though.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently got an ETRS with 75/2.8 lens, waist level finder and 120 back for a very good price from eBay. It was missing the darkslide and the back had serious light leaks which I have mostly managed to fix, apart from that it works perfectly. I will probably enjoy using it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

Not just new to the forum but also to photography!

I have just bought an ETRSi 75mm standard lens
    AE prism

Loads of other stuff which I know nothing about (yet, he says boldly!) which is listed at the end of this post (taken from the seller's listing).

No idea what I've let myself in for but looking forward to it!

Chris

75mm lens hood

Fast focus lever

Fitted with motor wind

Spare speed grip

4 120 film backs

Pro bellows lens hood for 75mm standard lens

Polaroid back

Bronica, Metz SCA TTL 386 cable

Shepherd DM-170 light meter

Pro Velbon tripod (very strong)

Short cable release

6m (20ft) Air shutter release

62mm Sepia filter

62mm Softener filter

62mm Star 2x8 filter

62mm Multivision filter

62mm soft spot filter

Gossen Lunalite light meter (best in the world)

Flash meter Shepherd XE-99

One brand new professional 5 pack box of Fuji Pro 160S film

2 packs of Polarcolor 669 film for Polaroid back (not sure of date of this film)

Sunpak professional auto 4205G hammer head flash gun, with special wide base grip for medium format cameras, this is a very, very, powerful flashgun,

Can be set to auto or manual stop down power settings for fill in flash. The flash also comes with its own small brolly which fits on the head of the flashgun giving you shadow less portraits, without the need for studio lights. A complete mobile professional set-up, ready to go.

Everything is packed in a large Hakuba top opening aluminium case, except the tripod

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I finally bowed to necessity today, and bought a new battery for my ETRS. The price, NOK 88, wasn't too bad - considering that the old battery was in the camera when I bought it (second hand) in 1990.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I finally bowed to necessity today, and bought a new battery for my ETRS. The price, NOK 88, wasn't too bad - considering that the old battery was in the camera when I bought it (second hand) in 1990.

I wish my batteries lasted that long. My ETRS seems to flatten them in about one day. I'm looking for a new body now, possibly an ETRSi

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I am trying to be a Bronica user! I started cobbling together an SQ-A about a month ago with the intent of being able to do some awesome landscape and architectural shots. Unfortunately, to date I am batting zero for two on film backs (see tale of woe farther down).

In testing the second back, I did at least run a roll of Tmax 100 through it. You can see the gear and some results here. The negs were scanned on my Epson 3200 flatbed, as the darkroom is not fully resurrected yet. I do like what I see, such as it is. Both backs have been returned to their respective vendors and I anxiously await the arrival of at least one in the claimed "Ex+" condition.

Note: Readers are directed to my PBase site with some reluctance, as I confess to having strayed over to the -- uh -- dark side the last couple of years. :rolleyes: But I am working toward changing that - honest .

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bronica S2 with WLF and prism; have the Nikkor 7.5cm and a Zenazon 150mm , Komura 300mm and 500mm and the 2x tele. I can hand hold it 80% of the time and it has become a great street shooter for me with the 7.5cm on. The only problem I've had is my 120/220 back like's to stop advancing sometimes but a quick pop of the darksilde and it's all reset.

PS-Bronica S line of camera's a hella loud when fired!!!!!!! Used a SQ-Ai for a bit and it was pretty quiet in comparison.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin