Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,958   Posts: 1,558,085   Online: 1090

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Who is Using Bronica Gear?

Hey All,

I got a Bronica SQ-Ai and two lenses about a year ago and love it. About 6 months ago I got a 50mm to go with my 80mm and 110mm macro. All and all I feel like I have a perfect setup for what I use it for. I was wondering who else is using Bronica gear and what setups you all have? Also what you like/dislike about what you have? Hope to hear back.

Asa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Asa,

I have a Bronica kit, an ETRS with a 75mm and a 150mm and I love it. It's small and light and the lenses are fast and sharp. An ETRS kit can be had for a song - I got mine cheap with lots of extras like a grip and a metered prism. I'm planning on getting the macro lens soon. I chose the ETRS mainly to replace my 35mm gear - I wanted a more negative real estate but still wanted something easy to handle.

Cheers,
    dianna

Quote Originally Posted by asaphoto
    Hey All,

I got a Bronica SQ-Ai and two lenses about a year ago and love it. About 6 months ago I got a 50mm to go with my 80mm and 110mm macro. All and all I feel like I have a perfect setup for what I use it for. I was wondering who else is using Bronica gear and what setups you all have? Also what you like/dislike about what you have? Hope to hear back.

Asa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Bronica SQ-A with a metered prism, two 120 backs and the 80/2.8 Zenzanon-PS lens, and I have been using this for about three months. So far I have no complaints and the rolls I've put through it have come out very well. Overall, I am satisfied with the system. I plan to add more lenses (at least a wide and a tele) and backs to the system.

I also moved up from 35mm and the bigger slides look so much more pleasing! (I have mostly shot slides on the Bronica.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave up my Mamiya C-series TLR's for Bronica SQ-series SLR's in September 2004 - a fantastic move on my part. I now have 3 bodies (2 SQ-A, 1 SQ-Ai) and a nice lens kit. I bought mine mostly for wedding work, but now it's the gear I grab for many things I used to use 35mm. My SQ-A bodies all have Speed Grips and my SQ-Ai has the motor drive and I find the handling to be superior to 35mm for 90% of what I want a hand held camera. The 150mm PS lens is dynamite for head shots, though it's handy to have the 18mm extension tube to get in a bit tighter. The 50mm PS is a great wide angle for wedding gigs.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you use the metered prism? I have one but never use the meter on it. Do you find you get good results on from it?

nyx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I purchased mine something over 6 months ago and I still love it. I have SQ-B, 2 120 backs, 1 135W back and 50/80/180 PS lenses. I'm thinking about buying another body (SQ-Am or SQ-Ai with motor drive), one or two more 120 backs and maybe 40mm later.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bronica ETRS, with 40, 75 and 150mm lenses and a non-metered prism. Two 120 backs, a 135W, and a polaroid back.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two RF645 bodies with 45 and 65mm lenses. I bought them while Bronica went under in the full knowledge of this because they are wonderful cameras at a wonderful price. I find the RF prob the most comfortable and ergonicmically perfect camera I have ever used. Wonderful with results I cannot fault. Using the little shades at all times I have not seen a single frame with any flare whatsoever.....and so sharp!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RF645. It has made both my Leica M4 and my Hasselblad practically redundant.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A guy at work has a GS-1 which he has lent me a time or two.

Excellent camera and the one lens I've used with it was really impressive. Perhaps a little too big to be a camera I'd use as my 'daily' camera but if I had the money I'd definitely like one.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin