Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,416   Online: 1091

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Bronica RF645 and 65mm lens

Is there a switch on this camera to select frames for different lenses (comparable to the Leica M6) or are there just different frames in the viewfinder visible?

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is automatic, when you change lenses the frames change in the view finder......that is for the 65 and the 100....for the 45 there is a viewfinder that fits on the hot shoe.....I rarely use it...you can still focus the 45 and use all of the visible viewfinder for your frame...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The "switch" is actually the lens mount, so only changing a lens brings up different frame lines. With the 45 mm, there is an external viewfinder, so that would give you a preview image. There are not multiple frames visible in the viewfinder at the same time.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    All reviews by users are so good. Do you have similar experiences ?

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is my favorite camera, the one I leave home with, used to be my F3 Nikon, these bronica lenses are sharp wide open, often for street photography, I use the 45 at infinity and "point and shoot" 11x 14 and 16 x 20 are impressive......the electronic shutter is very quiet but makes a slight whispering sound when it re sets, but that is actually after the exposure has been made...the camera and 3 lenses and the flash all fit nicely in a small shoulder bag...the frame is orientated vertically a feature that I actually like, but might be a consideration for others....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Frame vertically. How do you compose your picture then ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BBone
    It's just the opposite of the Leica. Normally held it's in landscape mode.
    The Bronica is in portrait mode.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have this setup also - use it alot - I find the auto exposure settings quite useful and it also has an auto dark slide for changing the lens mid roll - something not found on other roll film rangefinders. It has a nice feel when hand held for portrait mode - but is a little awkward to hold for landscape - but I usually use a tripod for landscapes. The little Bronica flash is also something I like alot - it adds just enough to fill in when doing a portrait in open shade.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like this little rig, too. Great optics, very intuitive operation and I prefer the vertical orientation. Perfect candid shot camera for weddings, company functions, etc. Here's a candid (HP5+), available light from inside a ski chalet this winter.... This girl took a face-plant and wasn't in the mood to have her picture taken so this was clandestinely squeezed off from waist level. It's all healed up well and she now enjoys having the picture as a "badge of honor" sort of thing. It printed beautifully and easily showed the threads in the fine fabric of her race suit. Shot wide open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails br1Copy.jpg  
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin