Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,440   Online: 694

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    I'd like to get a diopter lens. Anybody use these?
    I have the newer 100mm with macro diopter. I shoot macros with the diopter in place (screw in), and remove it when using the 100 as my normal lens. Works great. Here are a couple of shots with the macro diopter in place:

photo #1
    photo #2
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not many girls using the Pentax 67 (youre about the only one Darr), wonder why
    BTW great pics on your weblog.
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Not many girls using the Pentax 67 (youre about the only one Darr), wonder why
    BTW great pics on your weblog.
    Cheers Søren
    Søren: Thanks for the compliments!
    Maybe the Pentax 67 is too macho looking for the girls ;o)
    It is heavy, but hey, my hubby doesn't mind helping me lug it around.
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax 67 Lens Information Page

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/p67ss.htm

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a 67II for air photography with the f2.8 90mm and Tri-X 220 film (I used to use Delta 400 before it ran out). One day I'll get a wide angle for it and use it on the ground too. It's a bit of a pig to re-load quickly in a cramped cockpit, but the results are worth it.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pentax 6x7

I began with a Bronica S2a. Some of the lenses were good, some weren't. The 50mm Zenzanon was marvelous. Moved up to a used Hassleblad system c. 1978. Then a friend offered to loan me a Pentax 6x7 for a weekend. I've never looked back. It is important to distinguish between the various models of lenses- in most cases, the newer versions are sharper. The 55 mm is incredible. The soft focus 120 mm is without equal, assuming you like soft focus. Mirror slap has never been a source of unsharpness although it can garner a lot of attention!

About six years ago, I bought a used Mamiya 7 and now have the 150, 80 and 65 lenses. They are unbelievably sharp and the lowest flare you can imagine. It is smaller and lighter than the Pentax but I'll keep the monster forever. The SLR feature in particular makes it valuable for macro and, via the extension tubes, to mount small period brass lenses.

Very few cameras in history have been manufactured for as long a period (without any major modifications) as the Pentax. There's a good reason!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    I use a 67II for air photography with the f2.8 90mm and Tri-X 220 film (I used to use Delta 400 before it ran out).........It's a bit of a pig to re-load quickly in a cramped cockpit, but the results are worth it.
    Aerial photography was the main use of my 67. I mainly used the 55 and stayed low to show a receding background past my site.
    —Eric

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wish I would have found this site before buying my new rig. For a while I was undecided between the Pentax645 and the Pentax67. The 67 is what got my attention with the medium format. I was originally looking at a 67 but couldn't find very much information on it. I have a friend who shoots a 645N and I got a lot of good info from him.

These articles are what helped me decide on the 645.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ntax67ii.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/645nii.shtml

If I would have read this last week, I probably would have gone with the 67. The shutter slap myth is mostly what frightened me away. I was using the 35mm as a backup to the 4X5. So another deciding factor is I was looking for a 35mm slr replacement and not a LF replacement. I'm using it for close-ups and land scapes for promotional images.

Would I have been better off going with the 67?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was using the 35mm as a backup to the 4X5. So another deciding factor is I was looking for a 35mm slr replacement and not a LF replacement

But, you would be using it for the same thing as you were using the 35mm? Isn't a backup to be used as a replacement?

I bought the 67 because I wanted to use it for slides and as a backup to the 4x5 in places where tripods are not allowed. The format matches the 4x5 and you don't lose as much area as you do with the 645. Besides, I could get the 67 for less money. I will say, however, that I am not a fan of the awkwardness of loading film in them. In the end, I liked it enough that I bought a 67II for the slide film and kept the 67 for B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had a couple of P67's for some years now and have accumulated a 55, 75, 105, 135, 165(2.8) and a 200. I had a 45 but never was thrilled with the results. I've also had multiples of some of the above mentioned and I could see a slight difference in them and kept the sharpest examples. I bought the 45 new from Rbt White a couple of years ago but everything else was used....maybe I just got a klinker with the 45? I had a 90LS that I peddled. It wasn't sharp at all. I haven't heard that from others so I may have had a bad one, I suppose.

I recently added a Pentax 645 after swapping things with a fellow APUG'er for my folding Fuji. I'm just getting accustomed to it and have added an adapter to use the 67 optics that I have. It's very bright for focusing and viewing compared to the 67 with a prism. I'm very happy with it and it makes a great stable-mate to the 67.
    Craig Schroeder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin