Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,332   Online: 1056

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

So who is using Pentax 67

So I got this old Pentax 6X7 with a 75mm f/4,5.
    I kind of like the focallenght And the performance is just great though I'd like a f/2.8. Now should that be a 75mm or a 90mm.
    I am in the market for a 45mm f/4.0 soon and the last addition will be either a 135mm or a 165mm. What are you guys using and what are your thoughts ?
    There is something about the format I really like. I do like 6X6 as well but never got used to 4.5X6. 6X7 is about the perfect format for me but I can't just not say why.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am using a shutterless Carl Zeiss 180mm 2.8 lens with my P67.

Let us know how you will hold/sleeve your 10 negs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a 67II occasionally with a 55mm, 100mm, and 165LS. It has pretty much replaced my F3 as a walk around camera. The Matrix metering in my model is incredibly accurate! My photo friends think it is a bit heavy, but for 15 years I shot special events (and other things) professionally, and my walk around was a Hassy with a 50mm lens and 70mm back mounted on a grip with a Vivitar 285 and a Quantum battery. Now that was heavy!
    darr almeda
    Recent Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I am using a shutterless Carl Zeiss 180mm 2.8 lens with my P67.

Let us know how you will hold/sleeve your 10 negs.
    The negs goes into the ordinary negsleeves if thats what you meant.
    180mm Carl Zeiss ? I'd like to know more about that.
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd like to know how you cut and store them.

As for the lens...it's an oddball. It has a Pentax mount. It does not have any shutterblades on the inside so I can only shoot it at 2.8. THe bokeh is amazing though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I'd like to know how you cut and store them.

As for the lens...it's an oddball. It has a Pentax mount. It does not have any shutterblades on the inside so I can only shoot it at 2.8. THe bokeh is amazing though.
    So far I had my negs developed by a lab and they cut them and put them in ordinary neg sleeves. I recon Ill do as I did with my 6X6 negs. Cut them with a pair of scissors, just sleeve them and store them in a ring binder. I guess you ask because they tend to be a couple of mm's wider than the sleeves they go into, right ?
    Cheers
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    soren,
    i have a beautiful 67. it came with the 2.8/90.. but what gets the most play is a 4/45mm. i've taken it backpacking, walked around with it in the city, used it with flash strobes. its my favorite medium format for the time being. 6x7 really is a great format.

before i was doing MF, i found myself taking more wide angle shots in 35mm. as soon as i saw the 4/45, i knew i had to have it. i picked mine up from KEH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using the Pentax 67 since it was introduced. The camera is heavy, but the results are excellent. I have never liked 6x6 though I used Rollei and Hasselblad for years. Still have three Hasselblads, but seldom use them. The Pentax does what I want with no fuss. Some claim the shutter slap is so bad that it can ruin and image, it is loud, but I have never been able to see any effect caused by S.S. on a negative from 1/125 up. I won't argue with the xperts, but I am satisfied with the negative quality 100 percent. I love the 6x7 format, it fits my way of seeing. I use the 105 mm
    as a normal lens. Prefer the 162 mm 2.8 for head and shoulders to 3/4 length
    portraits. Also does a wonderful job with brides full length. Seldom use w angle but have them if needed. I use the 55 mm most often as it appears a bit sharper than my 45 mm. The fact is I use the W WA so seldom I am not even sure what focal length it is. The bottom line here is: Pentax 6x7 works for me.

Charlie.........................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the 67II with 55mm 90mm and 150mm. I love it and it mostly replaces my 35mm gear. The 55mm is the sharpest and heaviest i've got. You'll need a very sturdy tripod and head. My 410 geared head didn't cut it and neither did the 3021 tripod. I always use MLU too.
    I always hope for one neg that's no good but usually end up putting 2 in the 9th pocket. Larger print file sleeves are available that hold more 6x7 negs but aren't readily available and won't fit in most binders.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use a P67 built in 1981, with 55mm, 105mm, 135mm macro and 200mm lenses. Since I also shoot other formats, use of this camera has long fallow periods followed by periods of intense usage. I once shot a beautiful turquise-blue damsel fly with the 105mm lens plus a couple of extenders - it was like handling a bazooka, but it got the job done. The DOF was so shallow that only the damsel fly's body was in focus, everything else was beautiful bokeh....

Anyway, great camera - built like a tank. About that loud shutter - anybody hear rumors about the "red-ear reduction" mod?
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin