Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,681   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I cannot live without my PME45. The TTL metering on my 503cw is accurate, even when dealing with muli minute exposures. It may be a bit expensive, but it will speed up the process considerably. Of course, I haven't carried a hand held meter in my case since I got the prism. Lazy, lazy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have an NC2. I bought it for a particular job were I was going to be up on a step ladder and would not be able to use the waist level. I have to agree with Gibran on the eye relief issue. The top of the viewfinder is difficult to see, for the price it's worth it. Mine was a bargain grade model for $59 on KEH. I like the 45 degree angle of view. I can't imagine 90 degrees because holding a Blad at that angle without a motor drive or being able to see the shutter speed and aperature is inconvenient. The 45 works really well with the ergoniomics of the Blad design. Plus the NC2 looks much cooler.

Not to hijack this post, but can you put a diopter on an NC2? This may be a consideration for you.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, one other thing: do you plan on using a Polaroid back with your prism. My NC2 does not allow one.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Oh, one other thing: do you plan on using a Polaroid back with your prism. My NC2 does not allow one.
    Ara
    There is a later version, NC2-100 I believe, which was made so that you could use it with a Polaroid back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm also using a 90 deg. PME90 with a 503CW and it certainly does speed up the process and my brain is now less confused with opposites! It is heavy and my camera looks like a video camera.

One thing that annoys me is that the viewing image quality is reduced, but it's well worth the money.
    Last edited by Gary Holliday; 04-14-2006 at 06:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm short and prefer a 90 although I did buy a Kiev, just because of price. Many times I have to shoot over things, like railings, and I find the 45 lowers my camera too much. If I was 6ft whatever, the 45 might be the ticket.

Shooter
    Multi Format

45 Degree Prism

I picked up a brand new Kiev (NC-2 copy) for $49 from a russian guy on e-bay. He said he lived across the street from the Arsenal factory.

It is really just fine for most work. In my case I'm quite tall (6-4) so the 45 angle lowers the camera a bit. I tried a 90 degree prism, but changing magazines was a bit more difficult. I normally keep the prism on the camera most of the time and carry a wlf for ocassional use. Operation is a bit more difficult with the 90 degree prism.

A split image screen is the easiest for me to focus. The standard multiprism screen on my 500CM was difficult to focus, particuarly in low light.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have a PME45 as well as a Pentax digital spot meter. They are both great meters, as well as both being extremely accurate. I use the Pentax when shooting color slide film to meter highlights, as well when I shoot B&W and employ the zone system. Otherwise I use the center weighted aspect of the PME 45. Both are pretty pricey, but well worth the dollars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin