Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,271   Online: 948

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've owned both - I had a Hasselblad 500, and now I have a Bronica ETRS, and to my surprise the Bronica lenses are as sharp as Hasselblad (and so much cheaper!)... I'm glad there are so many people willing to help out... hope you find the source of the problem soon!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I am only half way through reading the replies so excuse me if this has already been suggested, but have you trid shooting slide film in your camera? It is a quick and easy way to see if your camera is focussing properly and delivering sharp results. If all is fine with slide film then the issue will lie with your darkroom process.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    Hi,

I am only half way through reading the replies so excuse me if this has already been suggested, but have you trid shooting slide film in your camera? It is a quick and easy way to see if your camera is focussing properly and delivering sharp results. If all is fine with slide film then the issue will lie with your darkroom process.
    He's right. I knew this simple thing sometime long ago.

Not the only possible cause, but focussing may be an issue.
    It has been my experience with studio strobe shots with a 150mm lens on a Mamiya 645 that at f11 the slightest casualness in focussing results in eyelashes not being tack sharp and I now use 400 ISO film, f16 and an acutance developer and focus as carefully as possible.
    IIRC I read that a top photographer for Vogue magazine used f16.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I find it interesting that as soon as the original poster was asked for results of his own to demonstrate the problem, he has not posted another word in this thread. I would be interested to hear if, after all this sage advice has been offered, any of it has borne fruit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    I find it interesting that as soon as the original poster was asked for results of his own to demonstrate the problem, he has not posted another word in this thread. I would be interested to hear if, after all this sage advice has been offered, any of it has borne fruit.
    Interesting indeed. Also worthy of mention is that the poster, in a previous thread, admitted that he was having problems with his eyesight and focussing and was considering moving to 35mm because of it....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin