Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 754

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pentax 6X7

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Sandy,

It sounds like you'll be out my way at the end of June, you'd be welcome to try the zooms then (I've got both of them).
    Hi Craig,

Yes, I plan to be in Calgary with Eric Rose and his wife Erna in late June, early July, and I would love to try out those zooms. Look forward to getting together with you.

Best,

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    I did not read the whole thread, so I dunno what has come up yet. But I beleive there are 4 types:

a 6x7 sans MLU
    a 6x7 with MLU
    a 67 (always features the MLU)
    and a 67II (always features MLU)

game
    Hi Game,

Thanks for the good information. This was a very useful post in helping me to understand the various manifestations of this camera line.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 05-27-2006 at 03:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The newest(late 90's) 55mm f4.0 is a killer lens. I was recently able to resolve and read 156 lp/mm at F5.6 on gigabit film (not easy to do without a microscope). This is near to the defraction limit for F5.6 on-axis. The 55 mm lens is the only lens I have ever tested that shows almost no change in center resolution from F4 to F32. If I had to give up everything except one camera and one lens, this would be the one I'd keep. Since I currently own 25+ cameras and probably twice as many lenses, this is no small decision.

FWIW

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    25 cameras? is that all?

LOL

I won't tell you last count!

R.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by genecrumpler
    The newest(late 90's) 55mm f4.0 is a killer lens. I was recently able to resolve and read 156 lp/mm at F5.6 on gigabit film (not easy to do without a microscope). This is near to the defraction limit for F5.6 on-axis. The 55 mm lens is the only lens I have ever tested that shows almost no change in center resolution from F4 to F32. If I had to give up everything except one camera and one lens, this would be the one I'd keep. Since I currently own 25+ cameras and probably twice as many lenses, this is no small decision.

FWIW

Gene
    Very impressive results. I have never been able to get anywhere near that kind of resolution on film.Would you comment on your test procedures? Test target, method of exposure, EI of exposure, method of development of film, etc.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FWIW

Gene
    Gene,

How often are you in a situation where the film (and even which film) can resolve 156 lp/mm?

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

FWIW

Gene
    Gene brings up an interesting point that doesn't really have too much to do with real photography. Most of us aren't worrying about resolving 156 lppm. But out where I work we use the P67 lenses on our high speed movie cameras for exactly the reason Gene states. I have 4-55's 4-90's and 3-165's. So these rather large lenses that would cover 6X7 easily, in our application, are covering 1 X .75 inch. The sweet spot right in the middle. and we typically run them at f4 - 5.6. 360 frames per second with a little vacuum pump that sucks the film flat against the hard chrome platen. And I can make tack sharp 11X enlargements.

I now return you to your thread.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

Very interesting post. So your company chose P67 lenses over other lenses like Hasselblads etc? Is their sharpness the reason?

William

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Gene brings up an interesting point that doesn't really have too much to do with real photography. Most of us aren't worrying about resolving 156 lppm. But out where I work we use the P67 lenses on our high speed movie cameras for exactly the reason Gene states. I have 4-55's 4-90's and 3-165's. So these rather large lenses that would cover 6X7 easily, in our application, are covering 1 X .75 inch. The sweet spot right in the middle. and we typically run them at f4 - 5.6. 360 frames per second with a little vacuum pump that sucks the film flat against the hard chrome platen. And I can make tack sharp 11X enlargements.

I now return you to your thread.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here's one made with the 75mm f2.8 lens (the sharpest lens I own) in Shanghai.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh yeah, that was shot handheld at f8 and 1/60th.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin